Shannon M Kehle
- Early mental health treatment-seeking among U.S. National Guard soldiers deployed to IraqShannon M Kehle
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis Veteran Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:33-40. 2010..Implications and future research directions are discussed...
- Predeployment gender differences in stressors and mental health among U.S. National Guard troops poised for Operation Iraqi Freedom deploymentRobin Carter-Visscher
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center VAMC, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:78-85. 2010..Implications for interventions and future research are discussed...
- Longitudinal effects of mild traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder comorbidity on postdeployment outcomes in national guard soldiers deployed to IraqMelissa A Polusny
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:79-89. 2011..The longer-term impact of combat-related concussion/MTBI and comorbid PTSD on troops' health and well-being is unknown...
- The effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy for generalized anxiety disorder in a frontline service settingShannon M Kehle
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
Cogn Behav Ther 37:192-8. 2008..Although the frontline service setting differed from RCT settings in multiple ways, treatment completers nonetheless achieved moderate to large decreases in self-reported worry and depression...
- Interventions to improve veterans' access to care: a systematic review of the literatureShannon M Kehle
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis VA Healthcare System, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:689-96. 2011..questions: (1) what interventions have been successful in improving access for veterans with reduced health care access? (2) Have interventions that have improved health care access led to improvements in process and clinical outcomes?..
- Psychiatric diagnoses, comorbidity, and functioning in National Guard troops deployed to IraqShannon M Kehle
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:126-32. 2011....
- Predictors of postdeployment alcohol use disorders in National Guard soldiers deployed to Operation Iraqi FreedomShannon M Kehle
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis Veteran Affairs Health Care System, Minneapoils, MN 55417, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:42-50. 2012..Results of this study suggest that combat deployed soldiers with current AUDs are a heterogeneous group and point to the influence of combat-related PTSD symptoms in the development of AUDs following deployment...
- Predictors of alcohol use prior to deployment in National Guard SoldiersAmanda G Ferrier-Auerbach
Minneapolis VA Medical Center, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, United States
Addict Behav 34:625-31. 2009..The results of this study illustrate the role of factors associated with problematic drinking in a sample of high-risk individuals...
- Impact of prior Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom combat duty on mental health in a predeployment cohort of National Guard soldiersMelissa A Polusny
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center VAMC, One Veterans Drive 116A, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Mil Med 174:353-7. 2009....
- Relationship adjustment, PTSD symptoms, and treatment utilization among coupled National Guard soldiers deployed to IraqLaura A Meis
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis VA Health Care System, and University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Fam Psychol 24:560-7. 2010..Results suggest supportive intimate relationships facilitate mental health treatment utilization for soldiers with PTSD symptoms...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and health risk behaviors among Afghanistan and Iraq War veterans attending collegeRachel Widome
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research and AssistantProfessor, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Health Behav 35:387-92. 2011..To determine if post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is associated with health risk behaviors among Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) veterans attending college...
- Prevalence, assessment, and treatment of mild traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder: a systematic review of the evidenceKathleen F Carlson
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis VA Medical Center 152 2E, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 26:103-15. 2011..A synthesis of the evidence on prevalence, diagnostic accuracy, andtreatment effectiveness for mTBI/PTSD would be of use to clinicians, researchers, and policymakers...