T M Keane
- Differentiating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from major depression (MDD) and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)T M Keane
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
J Anxiety Disord 11:317-28. 1997..Rater characteristics did not influence diagnostic accuracy, although significant differences in magnitude of symptom intensity were found...
- Utility of psychophysiological measurement in the diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder: results from a Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative StudyT M Keane
Psychology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center VAMC, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 66:914-23. 1998..Discussion addresses the value of psychophysiological measures for assessment of PTSD...
- Resilience-recovery factors in post-traumatic stress disorder among female and male Vietnam veterans: hardiness, postwar social support, and additional stressful life eventsL A King
National Center for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Boston Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 74:420-34. 1998..Support for moderator effects or buffering in terms of interactions between war zone stressor level and resilience-recovery factors was minimal...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder in a national sample of female and male Vietnam veterans: risk factors, war-zone stressors, and resilience-recovery variablesD W King
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Boston Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 108:164-70. 1999..Researchers, policymakers, and clinicians are urged to take a broad view on trauma and its sequelae, especially regarding possible multiple exposures over time and the depletion and availability of important resources...
- Attention, arousal, and memory in posttraumatic stress disorderB T Litz
National Center for PTSD, Boston Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Trauma Stress 9:497-519. 1996..PTSD symptoms and threat reactions contributed to MSP interference effects for high-threat words after controlling for medications, depression, and baseline physiological activity...
- Awareness under anesthesia and the development of posttraumatic stress disorderJ E Osterman
Boston University School of Medicine, 850 Harrison Ave, Dowling 7 S, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 23:198-204. 2001..Further studies should include prospective designs of prevalence and long-term psychological, social, and overall health effects, and ways of preventing and treating awareness-induced PTSD...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and the use of health servicesE Y Deykin
National Center for PTSD, Veterans Administration Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Psychosom Med 63:835-41. 2001..These results do not suggest that PTSD leads to inappropriate (eg, distress-motivated) use of services...
- Understanding the interface of HIV, trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance use and its implications for health outcomesD J Brief
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Care 16:S97-120. 2004..Future directions for research related to HIV, PTSD, and PTSD/SUD will also be discussed...