Patricia L Hart
Affiliation: Kathleen D. Schaum and Associates
- Women's perceptions of coronary heart disease: an integrative reviewPatricia L Hart
Acute Care Nursing, WellStar Health System, Marietta, GA 30127, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 20:170-6. 2005....
- Effects of nursing care and staff skill mix on patient outcomes within acute care nursing unitsPatricia Hart
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Georgia 30127, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 26:161-8. 2011..The findings from this study have implications for nursing practice in the areas of staff orientation, education, and patient outcome monitoring...
- Nurses' knowledge of heart failure education principles survey: a psychometric studyPatricia L Hart
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA 30144, USA
J Clin Nurs 20:3020-8. 2011..To compare the psychometric properties of the original dichotomously scored Nurses' Knowledge of Heart Failure Self-Management Education Principles Survey with a Likert scored version...
- Medical-surgical nurses' perceived self-confidence and leadership abilities as first responders in acute patient deterioration eventsPatricia L Hart
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA, USA
J Clin Nurs 23:2769-78. 2014..To explore and understand medical-surgical nurses' perceived self-confidence and leadership abilities as first responders in recognising and responding to clinical deterioration prior to the arrival of an emergency response team...
- Hearing the voices of newly licensed RNs: the transition to practice: a qualitative study suggests that new nurses need more guidance and support than they’re gettingLeeanna Spiva
LeeAnna Spiva is director of nursing research, WellStar Health System, Center for Nursing Excellence, Atlanta, where Frank McVay is an RN Patricia L Hart is assistant professor, Kennesaw State University, WellStar School of Nursing, Kennesaw, GA Lisa Pruner is clinical practice nurse, Kennestone Nursing, Marietta, GA, where Donna Johnson is assistant nurse manager, professional practice Kenzie Martin is a staff nurse at Windy Hill Hospital, Marietta, GA, where Betsy Brakovich is vice president and chief nursing officer and Sency G Mendoza is clinical educator Contact author LeeAnna Spiva, The authors have disclosed no potential conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise
Am J Nurs 113:24-32. 2013..The future of nursing depends on newly licensed RNs (NLRNs), who often need help in transitioning from an academic to a clinical setting. This study sought to describe the NLRN's orientation experience and to identify ways of enhancing it...