Affiliation: Kathleen D. Schaum and Associates
- The amputee mobility predictor: an instrument to assess determinants of the lower-limb amputee's ability to ambulateRobert S Gailey
Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33146, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 83:613-27. 2002....
- Introduction to triathlon for the lower limb amputee triathleteRobert Gailey
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Coral Gables, Florida 33146, United States
Prosthet Orthot Int 33:242-55. 2009..In addition, prosthetic fitting and component selection and race day strategies is discussed...
- Review of secondary physical conditions associated with lower-limb amputation and long-term prosthesis useRobert Gailey
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Coral Gables, FL, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 45:15-29. 2008..We review the literature on secondary complications among people with lower-limb loss who are long-term prosthesis wearers...
- A new methodology to measure the running biomechanics of amputeesJames Richard Wilson
College of Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33124 0623, USA
Prosthet Orthot Int 33:218-29. 2009..This methodology is a straight-forward tool for evaluating the effect of changes to prosthetic prescription...
- Weight distribution symmetry during the sit-to-stand movement of unilateral transtibial amputeesVibhor Agrawal
Functional Outcomes Research and Evaluation Center FORE Center, Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, FL, USA
Ergonomics 54:656-64. 2011..This study defines five events of a sit-to-stand cycle and is the first to address asymmetries of transtibial amputees, providing ergonomic insights for clinical assessment and intervention...
- Unilateral lower-limb loss: prosthetic device use and functional outcomes in servicemembers from Vietnam war and OIF/OEF conflictsRobert Gailey
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Miami Healthcare System, Miami, FL, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 47:317-31. 2010..Abandonment is infrequent (11% Vietnam group, 4% OIF/OEF group). Future efforts should aim to improve prosthetic-device design, decrease pain, and improve quality of life for these veterans and servicemembers...