Bradley E Karlin
- Effectiveness of acceptance and commitment therapy for depression: comparison among older and younger veteransBradley E Karlin
Mental Health Services, U S Department of Veterans Affairs Central Office, Washington, DC, United States
Aging Ment Health 17:555-63. 2013..The present article examines and compares outcomes of older and younger Veterans receiving ACT-D nationally in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs health care system...
- National dissemination of cognitive behavioral therapy for depression in the Department of Veterans Affairs health care system: therapist and patient-level outcomesBradley E Karlin
Office of Mental Health Services, U S Department of Veterans Affairs Central Office, 810 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20420, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 80:707-18. 2012..The current article evaluates therapist and patient-level outcomes associated with national training in and implementation of CBT-D in the VA health care system...
- Dissemination of evidence-based psychological treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder in the Veterans Health AdministrationBradley E Karlin
Office of Mental Health Services, VA Central Office, Washington, DC 20420, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:663-73. 2010..Key issues, lessons learned, and next steps for maximizing impact and sustainability are also addressed...
- Improving Medicare coverage of psychological services for older AmericansBradley E Karlin
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, and Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Am Psychol 62:637-49. 2007..As Medicare policy entrepreneurs, psychologists can improve the well-being of millions of Americans who rely on the national health insurance program and, in so doing, can help shape the future practice of psychology...
- Public mental health care utilization by older adultsBradley E Karlin
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4235, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 33:730-6. 2006....
- Best practices: environmental and therapeutic issues in psychiatric hospital design: toward best practicesBradley E Karlin
Psychology Service, Veterans Affairs VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1376-8. 2006....
- Suicide mortality following nursing home discharge in the Department of Veterans Affairs health systemJohn F McCarthy
John F McCarthy, Bradley E Karlin, and Ira R Katz are with the Department of Veterans Affairs VA, Washington, DC John F McCarthy and Ira R Katz are also with the VA Office of Mental Health Operations, Washington, DC Bradley E Karlin is also with VA Mental Health Services, Washington, DC Benjamin R Szymanski is with the Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT
Am J Public Health 103:2261-6. 2013..We assessed suicide rates up to 6 months following discharge from US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nursing homes...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for insomnia with veterans: Evaluation of effectiveness and correlates of treatment outcomesMickey Trockel
Sierra Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, USA Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Behav Res Ther 53:41-6. 2014..The current findings suggest that CBT-I therapists and training programs place greater emphasis on attending to and increasing patient adherence. ..
- Training in and implementation of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for depression in the Veterans Health Administration: therapist and patient outcomesRobyn D Walser
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, USA
Behav Res Ther 51:555-63. 2013..This paper reports on therapist and patient outcomes associated with competency-based training in and implementation of ACT-D...
- Integrating mental health and primary care services in the Department of Veterans Affairs health care systemAntonette M Zeiss
Department of Veterans Affairs Central Office, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 15:73-8. 2008..Psychology plays an important role in this progress, as part of an overall interdisciplinary effort, in which all professions are crucially important and work together to promote the overall well-being of patients...
- Meeting the mental health needs of older adultsBradley E Karlin
Psychology Service, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, USA
Geriatrics 62:26-35. 2007....