- Quality of care in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a cohort studyFasiha Kanwal
John Cochran Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63106, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:231-9. 2010..Medicare has proposed quality-of-care indicators for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. The extent to which these standards are met in practice is largely unknown...
- The performance of process measures in hepatitis CFasiha Kanwal
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, John Cochran VA Medical Center, St Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1512-21. 2012..Previous evaluations regarding the extent to which standard chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) care processes are delivered during routine clinical care are scant and have primarily relied on automated data--the validity of which is unknown...
- Increasing prevalence of HCC and cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionFasiha Kanwal
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, John Cochran VA Medical Center, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1182-1188.e1. 2011..We examined time trends in the prevalence of cirrhosis and its related complications, such as hepatic decompensation and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Predictors of treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection - role of patient versus nonpatient factorsFasiha Kanwal
John Cochran VA Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Hepatology 46:1741-9. 2007..These potentially modifiable provider-level factors may serve as high-yield targets for future quality improvement initiatives in HCV...
- Health-related quality of life predicts mortality in patients with advanced chronic liver diseaseFasiha Kanwal
John Cochran VA Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:793-9. 2009..We sought to measure the association between HRQOL and survival in patients with cirrhosis and investigated whether the relationship between HRQOL and survival is independent of Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD)...