Linda E May
Affiliation: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Aerobic exercise during pregnancy influences fetal cardiac autonomic control of heart rate and heart rate variabilityLinda E May
Department of Anatomy, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, MO, USA
Early Hum Dev 86:213-7. 2010..Although it is recognized that cardiac autonomic control may be influenced by the intrauterine environment, little is known about how maternal exercise affects fetal heart development...
- Regular maternal exercise dose and fetal heart outcomeLinda E May
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO 64106, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:1252-8. 2012..Therefore, our objective was to determine whether there is a dose-response relationship between maternal physical activity and fetal HR, HRV, and sympathovagal balance...
- Building healthier babies & adults for tomorrowLinda May
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, USA
Mo Med 108:55-9. 2011..Considering the pandemic of CVD in the U.S., these findings suggest further research is warranted concerning the effects of exercise during pregnancy on childhood and adult health outcomes...
- Fetal cardiac autonomic control during breathing and non-breathing epochs: the effect of maternal exerciseKathleen M Gustafson
University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Neurology, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Early Hum Dev 88:539-46. 2012..During in utero breathing movements, the fetus of the exercising mother has enhanced cardiac autonomic function that may give the offspring an adaptive advantage...
- Bibliometric measures and National Institutes of Health funding at colleges of osteopathic medicine, 2006-2010Richard R Suminski
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Department of Physiology, Kansas City, MO 64106 1453, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 112:716-24. 2012..Furthering the understanding of research at COMs, particularly the factors influencing the attainment of extramural funds, is highly warranted and coincides with the missions of most COMs and national osteopathic organizations...
- Research funding at colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United StatesRichard R Suminski
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO 64106 1453, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 112:665-72. 2012..However, these studies had limitations...
- Characterization of the fetal diaphragmatic magnetomyogram and the effect of breathing movements on cardiac metrics of rate and variabilityKathleen M Gustafson
University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Neurology, Kansas City, KS, USA
Early Hum Dev 87:467-75. 2011....