Lisa C Freeman
Affiliation: Kansas State University
- 4-aminopyridine decreases progesterone production by porcine granulosa cellsYan Li
Departments of Anatomy and Physiology College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 5802, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:31. 2003..Granulosa cells have been shown to express voltage-gated potassium channels from more than one family. The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of 4-aminopyridine (4-AP), an antagonist of KCNA but not KCNQ channels...
- R(X) for recruitment and retention of veterinarian scientists: money, marketing, mentoringLisa C Freeman
Department of Anatomy and Physiology at Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 228 Coles Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506 5802, USA
J Vet Med Educ 32:328-36. 2005..Specific examples of such programs are presented and future directions are discussed...
- Potassium channel antagonists influence porcine granulosa cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosisMohan Manikkam
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506-5802, USA
Biol Reprod 67:88-98. 2002..Thus, K(+) channels may represent pharmacological targets for affecting Granulosa cell function and oocyte maturation, in vivo or in vitro...
- Expression and coassociation of ERG1, KCNQ1, and KCNE1 potassium channel proteins in horse heartMelissa R Finley
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-5802, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H126-38. 2002..The data also provide unique evidence for coassociation between ERG1 and KCNE1 in cardiac tissue...
- Molecular basis of voltage-dependent potassium currents in porcine granulosa cellsDiane E Mason
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA
Mol Pharmacol 61:201-13. 2002..It will be critical to define the functional roles of specific GC K(+) channels, because these proteins may represent either novel targets for assisted reproduction or potential sites of drug toxicity...
- Expression of the ether-a-go-go (ERG) potassium channel in smooth muscle of the equine gastrointestinal tract and influence on activity of jejunal smooth muscleJames D Lillich
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506-5606, USA
Am J Vet Res 64:267-72. 2003..This finding may influence development of new prokinetic agents and impact treatment of horses with POI...
- NC-1059: a channel-forming peptide that modulates drug delivery across in vitro corneal epitheliumJesica Martin
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3337-45. 2009..The goal of this study was to determine whether a synthetic peptide, NC-1059, can modulate the corneal epithelium to increase the permeation of therapeutic agents across this barrier...
- Public-health education at Kansas State UniversityJennifer Akers
Department of Clinical Sciences, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
J Vet Med Educ 35:187-93. 2008..We are pleased to be able to offer these opportunities to our students and hope that our experience may be instructive for the development of similar programs at other institutions, to the eventual benefit of the profession at large...
- Responses to letter on admission policiesLisa C Freeman
J Am Vet Med Assoc 222:1675; author reply 1676. 2003