William J Towner
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- The effect of HIV infection, immunodeficiency, and antiretroviral therapy on the risk of hepatic dysfunctionWilliam J Towner
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:321-7. 2012..Limited data exists regarding the effect of chronic HIV infection on the liver. We sought to characterize the hepatic risks of HIV infection, immunodeficiency, and cumulative use of antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Virologic outcomes of changing enfuvirtide to raltegravir in HIV-1 patients well controlled on an enfuvirtide based regimen: 24-week results of the CHEER studyWilliam Towner
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:367-73. 2009..To determine the safety and efficacy of changing enfuvirtide to raltegravir in HIV-1-infected patients with HIV-1 RNA below the level of quantification for at least 6 months on an enfuvirtide-containing antiretroviral regimen...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of etravirine with and without darunavir/ritonavir or raltegravir in treatment-experienced patients: analysis of the etravirine early access program in the United StatesWilliam Towner
Kaiser Permanente Infectious Diseases, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:614-8. 2010..Etravirine, a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, was provided through an international early access program (EAP) prior to regulatory approval...
- Etravirine: clinical review of a treatment option for HIV type-1-infected patients with non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistanceWilliam J Towner
Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Antivir Ther 15:803-16. 2010..This review examines the clinical development and drug profile of etravirine, placing it in the context of other antiretrovirals available for treatment-experienced patients...
- Exposure to antiretroviral therapy and risk of cancer in HIV-infected personsChun Chao
Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena, CA, USA
AIDS 26:2223-31. 2012..Studies are needed to directly evaluate the effect of ART use on cancer risk...
- Determination of optimized multidisciplinary care team for maximal antiretroviral therapy adherenceMichael A Horberg
Mid Atlantic Permanente Research Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:183-90. 2012..We seek to determine the optimized multidisciplinary care team (MDCT) composition for antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence...