Lester D R Thompson
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Thompson L. Update From the 4th Edition of the World Health Organization Classification of Head and Neck Tumours: Tumours of the Ear. Head Neck Pathol. 2017;11:78-87 pubmed publisher..The classification reflects the state of current understanding for these uncommon entities, with this update only highlighting selected entities that were the most significantly changed. ..
- Thompson L, Lau S. Sinonasal Tract Solitary Fibrous Tumor: A Clinicopathologic Study of Six Cases with a Comprehensive Review of the Literature. Head Neck Pathol. 2018;12:471-480 pubmed publisher..In combination with cases reported in the literature, primary SNT SFT behave in an indolent manner with conservative treatment. ..
- ..The management is therefore quite unique in comparison to other sinonasal tract malignancies, setting it apart diagnostically and managerially from other lesions. ..
- Thompson L, Franchi A. New tumor entities in the 4th edition of the World Health Organization classification of head and neck tumors: Nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses and skull base. Virchows Arch. 2018;472:315-330 pubmed publisher..Overall, the new WHO classification reflects the state of current understanding for many relatively rare neoplasms, with this article highlighting the most significant changes. ..
- Thompson L, Jo V, Agaimy A, Llombart Bosch A, Morales G, Machado I, et al. Sinonasal Tract Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma in Adults: A Clinicopathologic and Immunophenotypic Study of Fifty-Two Cases with Emphasis on Epithelial Immunoreactivity. Head Neck Pathol. 2018;12:181-192 pubmed publisher..9 months). Mixed anatomic site (p?=?0.02) was a significant adverse prognostic indicator, while stage (0.06) and tumor size >5 cm (0.06) approached marginal significance. ..
- Bauer J, Toluie S, Thompson L. Metastases to the Parathyroid Glands: A Comprehensive Literature Review of 127 Reported Cases. Head Neck Pathol. 2018;12:534-541 pubmed publisher..Women are affected more often than men, with breast carcinomas (66.9%) and melanoma (11.8%) the most common primary tumors. Calcium homeostasis is affected, probably as a result of parathyroid gland parenchymal destruction. ..
- Thompson L, Herrera H, Lau S. Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Carcinomas in Pediatric Patients: Report of Two Cases with a Comprehensive Literature Review. Head Neck Pathol. 2017;11:442-449 pubmed publisher..TGDC carcinomas in pediatric patients is associated with a good overall prognosis, best managed by Sistrunk procedure alone, with selected lymph node dissection if clinically indicated. ..
- Thompson L, Seethala R, Muller S. Ectopic sphenoid sinus pituitary adenoma (ESSPA) with normal anterior pituitary gland: a clinicopathologic and immunophenotypic study of 32 cases with a comprehensive review of the english literature. Head Neck Pathol. 2012;6:75-100 pubmed publisher..This will result in accurate classification, helping to prevent the potentially untoward side effects or complications of incorrect therapy...
- Thompson L, Nelson B, Barnes E. Ceruminous adenomas: a clinicopathologic study of 41 cases with a review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004;28:308-18 pubmed..Ceruminous gland neoplasms are rare neoplasms. To date, a large clinicopathologic study of benign ceruminous gland neoplasms has not been reported...