E J Suba
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Lessons learned from successful Papanicolaou cytology cervical cancer prevention in the Socialist Republic of VietnamEric J Suba
Department of Pathology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, 350 Saint Joseph s Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 40:355-66. 2012..2/100,000 in 1998 to 16/100,000 in 2003. This is one of the first English-language reports of a real-world cervical cancer prevention effort associated with a decisive impact on health outcomes in a contemporary developing country...
- Patient identification error among prostate needle core biopsy specimens--are we ready for a DNA time-out?Eric J Suba
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Urol 178:1245-8. 2007..We assessed strategies for decreasing the occurrence of these uncommon and yet potentially catastrophic events...
- Cervical cancer prevention for all the world's women: genuine promise resides in skilled quality management rather than novel screening approachesEric J Suba
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 35:187-91. 2007..Opportunity costs, borne by the underserved, are associated with prioritizing research on new approaches in any setting where established preventives are feasible but unavailable...
- Systems analysis of real-world obstacles to successful cervical cancer prevention in developing countriesEric J Suba
Department of Pathology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, 1200 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Am J Public Health 96:480-7. 2006..A focus on quality satisfies public health goals, whereas a focus on technology is compatible with market forces...
- De novo establishment and cost-effectiveness of Papanicolaou cytology screening services in the Socialist Republic of VietnamE J Suba
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Redwood City, California, USA
Cancer 91:928-39. 2001....
- Crossing the quality chasm: a requirement for successful cervical cancer prevention in developing countriesEric J Suba
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, 1200 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Clin Lab Med 24:945-63. 2004..Many of these obstacles will be elucidated by following the money, as well as the science, involved in cervical screening activities...
- Coming to terms with Vietnam: the Viet/American Cervical Cancer Prevention ProjectEric J Suba
Department of Pathology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 33:344-51. 2005..Pap screening in developing countries is an ethical imperative without a substantial political constituency and will benefit from the engagement of organized cytology...
- Papanicolaou screening in developing countries: an idea whose time has comeEric J Suba
Department of Pathology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:315-20. 2004..Considerable opportunity costs, borne by the underserved, are associated with prioritizing research of novel interventions in developing countries when satisfactory interventions already exist...
- Prevention of cervical cancer in low-resource settingsEric J Suba
JAMA 295:1248-9; author reply 1249. 2006
- Cost-effectiveness of cervical-cancer screening in developing countriesEric J Suba
N Engl J Med 354:1535-6; author reply 1535-6. 2006
- Population-based Pap screening in CameroonEric J Suba
Acta Cytol 47:948-9. 2003
- Direct visual inspection for cervical cancer screeningEric J Suba
Cancer 101:2365; author reply 2366. 2004
- Association between war and cervical cancer among Vietnamese womenMy Linh D Huynh
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Cancer 110:775-7. 2004..Geographic and temporal variation in cervical cancer rates among Vietnamese women was associated with the movement of soldiers. These findings may be useful for cervical cancer prevention efforts in Vietnam and in other countries...
- Cervical cancer screening by simple visual inspection after acetic acidEric J Suba
Obstet Gynecol 99:517-8. 2002
- Human papillomavirus vaccineEric J Suba
N Engl J Med 357:1155; author reply 1155-6. 2007