Debra P Ritzwoller
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Economic analyses of the Be Fit Be Well program: a weight loss program for community health centersDebra P Ritzwoller
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, P O Box 378066, Denver, CO, 80237 8066, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1581-8. 2013..However, there are few studies of weight loss in real world nonacademic primary care, and even fewer in largely racial/ethnic minority, low-income samples...
- Patterns and predictors of first-line chemotherapy use among adults with advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the cancer research networkDebra P Ritzwoller
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 10065 E Harvard Avenue, Suite 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Lung Cancer 78:245-52. 2012..However, little is known about variation in first-line NSCLC chemotherapy use in younger patients, health maintenance organization (HMO)-based settings, and for high-cost, novel agents, such as bevacizumab and erlotinib...
- Costing behavioral interventions: a practical guide to enhance translationDebra P Ritzwoller
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, P O Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:218-27. 2009..Due to the lack of indicative data and policy makers' increasing demands for both program effectiveness and efficiency, cost analyses can serve as valuable tools in the evaluation process...
- Comorbidities, healthcare service utilization and costs for patients identified with painful DPN in a managed-care settingDebra P Ritzwoller
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1319-28. 2009..This study examined the association of comorbidities, healthcare service use, and costs for diabetes patients with and without painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (pDPN)...
- The association of comorbidities, utilization and costs for patients identified with low back painDebra P Ritzwoller
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:72. 2006..This study replicates and extends earlier studies by examining the association of patient characteristics including baseline comorbidities with patterns of healthcare service use and cost...
- Economic analysis of the Mediterranean Lifestyle Program for postmenopausal women with diabetesDebra P Ritzwoller
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 580 Mohawk Drive, Boulder, CO 80302, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:761-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate costs associated with the primary intervention of the Mediterranean Lifestyle Program (MLP), which targeted postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes at risk for coronary heart disease...
- Comparison of syndromic surveillance and a sentinel provider system in detecting an influenza outbreak--Denver, Colorado, 2003Debra P Ritzwoller
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 54:151-6. 2005..Syndromic surveillance systems can be useful in detecting naturally occurring illness...
- Effectiveness of the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine among children 6 months to 8 years of age, with 1 vs 2 dosesDebra P Ritzwoller
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 580 Mohawk Dr, Boulder, CO 80302, USA
Pediatrics 116:153-9. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of 1 and 2 doses of the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine in preventing medically attended influenza-like illness (ILI) among children 6 to 23 months and 6 months to 8 years of age. Design and..
- Using theory and technology to design a practical and generalizable smoking reduction interventionBridget Gaglio
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:675-84. 2010..Few intervention studies discuss details of how they translate theory into practice or how they integrate different modalities and collaborating institutions, but such integration is critical for project success...
- Validation of electronic data on chemotherapy and hormone therapy use in HMOsDebra P Ritzwoller
The Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, OR The Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA Department of Social and Behavioral Health, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
Med Care 51:e67-73. 2013....
- Long-term results of a smoking reduction programRussell E Glasgow
Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Med Care 47:115-20. 2009..There have been few comprehensive evaluations of smoking reduction, especially in health care delivery systems, and little is known about its cost, maintenance of reduced smoking, or robustness across patient subgroups...
- Identifying and oversampling Hispanics by the Passel-Word surname list for enrollment in a web-based nutritional interventionNikki M Carroll
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Ethn Dis 20:15-21. 2010..To describe the enrollment rates and characteristics of Hispanics and non-Hispanics from Kaiser Permanente Colorado invited to participate in a web-based intervention promoting increased fruit and vegetable consumption...
- Comparative effectiveness of adjunctive bevacizumab for advanced lung cancer: the cancer research network experienceDebra P Ritzwoller
The Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California The Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington and Department of Oncology, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado
J Thorac Oncol 9:692-701. 2014..However, subgroup analyses of this and other studies have suggested variable results by age and gender...
- Recruitment to a randomized web-based nutritional intervention trial: characteristics of participants compared to non-participantsMelanie A Stopponi
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
J Med Internet Res 11:e38. 2009....
- Cost analyses of a web-based behavioral intervention to enhance fruit and vegetable consumptionAnna Sukhanova
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:92. 2009..The purpose of this paper is to evaluate costs associated with the online intervention trial, Making Effective Nutritional Choices for Cancer Prevention (MENU), and to connect the findings to the study outcomes...
- When does an episode of care for cancer begin?Mark C Hornbrook
The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, OR 97227 1110, USA
Med Care 51:324-9. 2013..Previous research using SEER-Medicare data to measure incremental costs and utilization associated with cancer started with the date of diagnosis. We hypothesized that health care use increases before diagnosis of a new primary cancer...
- Reach, engagement, and retention in an Internet-based weight loss program in a multi-site randomized controlled trialRussell E Glasgow
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e11. 2007....
- Assessing controversial direct-to-consumer advertising for hereditary breast cancer testing: reactions from women and their physicians in a managed care organizationJudy Mouchawar
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 580 Mohawk Drive, Boulder, CO 80303, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:601-8. 2005..To describe the impact on patients and physicians at a managed care organization (MCO) of a direct-to-consumer advertising (DTC-ad) campaign concerning testing for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes...
- Syndromic surveillance using minimum transfer of identifiable data: the example of the National Bioterrorism Syndromic Surveillance Demonstration ProgramRichard Platt
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Urban Health 80:i25-31. 2003..If successful, this system will allow any organization with appropriate data to contribute vital information to public health syndromic surveillance systems while preserving individuals' privacy to the greatest extent possible...
- Simulated anthrax attacks and syndromic surveillanceJames D Nordin
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440 1524, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1394-8. 2005..Timeliness and completeness of detection of events varied by rate of infection. First detection of events ranged from days 3 to 6. Similar modeling may be possible with other surveillance systems and should be a part of their evaluation...
- Tobacco control efforts in managed care: what do the doctors think?Leif I Solberg
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minn 55440 1524, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:193-8. 2004....