Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Implementation of an outpatient electronic health record and emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and office visits among patients with diabetesMary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California 94610, USA
JAMA 310:1060-5. 2013..Although the use of EHRs has potential to improve patient health outcomes, the existing evidence has been limited and inconsistent...
- Improving treatment intensification to reduce cardiovascular disease risk: a cluster randomized trialJoe V Selby
Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:183. 2012..The purpose of this study is to evaluate provision of new information to non-physician outreach teams on need for treatment intensification in patients with increased CVD risk...
- In consumer-directed health plans, a majority of patients were unaware of free or low-cost preventive careMary E Reed
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research, Oakland, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:2641-8. 2012..Special efforts to educate consumers about preventive care cost-sharing exemptions may be necessary as more health plans, including Medicare, adopt this model...
- Outpatient electronic health records and the clinical care and outcomes of patients with diabetes mellitusMary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Ann Intern Med 157:482-9. 2012..Physicians can receive federal payments for meaningful use of complete certified electronic health records (EHRs). Evidence is limited on how EHR use affects clinical care and outcomes...
- Consumer-directed health plans with health savings accounts: whose skin is in the game and how do costs affect care seeking?Mary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Med Care 50:585-90. 2012..Employers are increasingly offering high-deductible health insurance plans with associated health savings accounts (HSAs), but there is limited information on account contributions or effects on patient care seeking...
- High-deductible health insurance plans: efforts to sharpen a blunt instrumentMary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:1145-54. 2009..Consumers need more information and decision support to understand their benefits and to differentiate when care is necessary, discretionary, or unnecessary...
- Perspectives from deductible plan enrollees: plan knowledge and anticipated care-seeking changesMary Reed
Division of Research, Center for Health Policy Studies, Oakland, California 94612, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 9:244. 2009..We examined knowledge of deductible plan details among new enrollees, as well as anticipated care-seeking changes in response to the deductible...
- Care-seeking behavior in response to emergency department copaymentsMary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Med Care 43:810-6. 2005..Patients are increasingly paying for more of their medical care through cost-sharing, yet little is known about how patients change the ways that they seek care in response...
- Office visit copayments: patient knowledge, response, and communication with providersNancy J Benedetti
Center for Health Policy Studies and the Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Med Care 46:403-9. 2008..There is limited information on patients' knowledge about their cost-sharing requirements and how that influenced their care-seeking behavior...
- Cost-sharing: patient knowledge and effects on seeking emergency department careJohn Hsu
Division of Research, Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Med Care 42:290-6. 2004..The use of cost-sharing to control healthcare expenditures is increasing, but there is scant information about patients' knowledge of cost-sharing or its influence on behavior...
- COBRA ARRA subsidies: was the carrot enticing enough?Ilana Graetz
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1980-98. 2012..We examined COBRA enrollment levels with the subsidy and the health, access, and financial consequences of enrollment decisions...
- Care coordination and electronic health records: connecting cliniciansIlana Graetz
Center for Health Policy Studies, Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2009:208-12. 2009..To examine the association between use of electronic health records (EHR) and care coordination...
- Coping with prescription drug cost sharing: knowledge, adherence, and financial burdenMary Reed
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Health Serv Res 43:785-97. 2008..Assess patient knowledge of and response to drug cost sharing...
- The next step towards making use meaningful: electronic information exchange and care coordination across clinicians and delivery sitesIlana Graetz
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley Care Management Institute Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Med Care 52:1037-41. 2014..Care for patients with chronic conditions often requires coordination between multiple physicians and delivery sites. Electronic Health Record (EHR) use could improve care quality and efficiency in part by facilitating care coordination...