R G Pretorius
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Seroprevalence of human papillomavirus types 6, 11, 16 and 18 in Chinese womenJia Ji
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 17 Panjiayuan, Beijing 100021, China
BMC Infect Dis 12:137. 2012..This study investigated the cross-sectional seroprevalence of antibodies to HPV 6, 11, 16, and 18 virus-like particles in Chinese women...
- Utility of random cervical biopsy and endocervical curettage in a low-risk populationRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group Fontana, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:333-8. 2012....
- ColposcopyR G Pretorius
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group Fontana, Fontana, CA 92336, USA
Minerva Ginecol 64:173-80. 2012..If multiple cervical biopsies are performed, to limit discomfort, a bronchoscopy biopsy instrument which obtains 2-mm biopsies should be used...
- Inappropriate gold standard bias in cervical cancer screening studiesRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, S C P M G Fontana, Fontana, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 121:2218-24. 2007..Inflation of sensitivity of VIA depended upon agreement between colposcopic-directed biopsy and the screening tests as measured by kappa. Studies of VIA that used colposcopic-directed biopsy as the gold standard require reevaluation...
- Subsequent risk and presentation of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 3 or cancer after a colposcopic diagnosis of CIN 1 or lessRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1260-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the risk and presentation of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 3 or cancer after colposcopic diagnosis of CIN 1 or less...
- The colposcopic impression. Is it influenced by the colposcopist's knowledge of the findings on the referral Papanicolaou smear?R G Pretorius
Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Pelvic Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group Fontana, USA
J Reprod Med 46:724-8. 2001..To determine whether the colposcopic impression is influenced by the colposcopist's knowledge of the referral Papanicolaou smear...
- Colposcopically directed biopsy, random cervical biopsy, and endocervical curettage in the diagnosis of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia II or worseRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Fontana, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:430-4. 2004..All colposcopically detected lesions were biopsied. If colposcopy showed no lesion in a cervical quadrant, a random biopsy was obtained at the squamocolumnar junction in that quadrant. ECC was then performed...
- Comparison of two signal-amplification DNA tests for high-risk HPV as an aid to colposcopyRobert G Pretorius
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Pathology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, 9961 Sierra Boulevard, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
J Reprod Med 47:290-6. 2002..To compare Hybrid Capture Tube (HCT) and the second-generation Hybrid Capture II (HC II) test for detection of high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA at the time of colposcopy...
- Primary screening with liquid-based cytology in an unscreened population in rural China, with an emphasis on reprocessing unsatisfactory samplesJerome L Belinson
Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, A 81, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Acta Cytol 46:470-4. 2002..To determine the sensitivity and specificity of liquid-based cytology in a high-risk, unscreened population...
- Inflation of sensitivity of cervical cancer screening tests secondary to correlated error in colposcopyRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SCPMG Fontana, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 10:5-9. 2006..g., acetic acid-aided visual inspection) is inflated when the criterion standard (colposcopic-directed biopsy) misses the same small CIN 2 or worse...
- Distribution of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2, 3 and cancer on the uterine cervixRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Fontana, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 10:45-50. 2006..To determine the distribution of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2 or 3 on the uterine cervix...
- The Mexican Cervical Cancer Screening Trial: self-sampling for human papillomavirus with unaided visual inspection as a secondary screenJerome L Belinson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:27-32. 2009..73% of the patients to colposcopy owing to the lesion size, location, or the presence of a cancer. On the basis of this pilot study, we are encouraged to explore and evaluate a rapid, more sensitive, and more specific self-test...
- False negative colposcopy is associated with thinner cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2 and 3Bin Yang
Department of Pathology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:32-6. 2008....
- Letter to the editor concerning Petignat et al.'s "Are self-collected samples comparable to physician-collected cervical specimens for human papillomavirus DNA testing? A systematic review and meta-analysis." Gynecol Oncol 2007;105(2): 530-535Robert G Pretorius
Gynecol Oncol 107:595-6; author reply 596-7. 2007
- A thin-layer, liquid-based pap test for mass screening in an area of China with a high incidence of cervical carcinoma. A cross-sectional, comparative studyQinjing Pan
Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, P R C
Acta Cytol 47:45-50. 2003..To confirm the accuracy of the ThinPrep Pap Test (Cytyc Corp., Boxborough, Massachusetts, U.S.A.) on the basis of histologic diagnosis by biopsy and the detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in mass screening...
- Risk factors for HPV infection and cervical cancer among unscreened women in a high-risk rural area of ChinaFang Hui Zhao
Department of Epidemiology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Int J Cancer 118:442-8. 2006..46-11.0) for > or =3 (vs. no) home births. Public health interventions and control strategies for improving the reproductive health of women in these rural populations need to be developed to reduce risk of HPV and subsequent CC...