Ted E Palen
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Comparing virtual consults to traditional consults using an electronic health record: an observational case-control studyTed E Palen
Department of Internal Medicine, Colorado Permanente Medical Group, Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:65. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare physician usage and patient satisfaction with virtual consultations (VCs) with traditional consultations (TCs) facilitated within an EHR...
- Association of online patient access to clinicians and medical records with use of clinical servicesTed E Palen
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 10065 E Harvard Ave, Ste 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
JAMA 308:2012-9. 2012..Prior studies suggest that providing patients with online access to health records and e-mail communication with physicians may substitute for traditional health care services...
- Evaluation of laboratory monitoring alerts within a computerized physician order entry system for medication ordersTed E Palen
Clinical Research Unit, Colorado Permanente Medical Group, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:389-95. 2006..Few studies have examined the effect of CPOE in combination with decision support tools on prescribing practices in the outpatient setting. Less is known about prescribers' adherence to laboratory monitoring recommendations...
- Computerized alert reduced D-dimer testing in the elderlyTed E Palen
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:e267-75. 2010..To assess the effect of a targeted age-specific computerized alert to reduce D-dimer testing in elderly patients...
- Risk adjusting community-acquired pneumonia hospital outcomes using automated databasesGabriel J Escobar
Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, 2000 Broadway, 2nd Fl, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:158-66. 2008....
- Natural language processing in the electronic medical record: assessing clinician adherence to tobacco treatment guidelinesBrian Hazlehurst
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:434-9. 2005..Comprehensively assessing care quality with electronic medical records (EMRs) is not currently possible because much data reside in clinicians' free-text notes...