Candyce H Kroenke
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Self-perceived physical health predicts cardiovascular disease incidence and death among postmenopausal womenNazmus Saquib
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 13:468. 2013..Their relationships with CVD incidence are unclear. This study purpose was to test whether PCS and/or MCS were associated with CVD incidence and death...
- Race and breast cancer survival by intrinsic subtype based on PAM50 gene expressionCandyce H Kroenke
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, 5th Floor, Oakland, CA, 94612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 144:689-99. 2014..Although Black women had a higher risk of the Basal-like subtype, which has poor prognosis, this did not explain the Black-White BC survival disparity...
- Social networks, social support mechanisms, and quality of life after breast cancer diagnosisCandyce H Kroenke
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:515-27. 2013..Effective social support interventions need to evolve beyond social-emotional interventions and need to account for disease severity and treatment status...
- High- and low-fat dairy intake, recurrence, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosisCandyce H Kroenke
Kaiser Permanente, Division of Research, 2101 Webster, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:616-23. 2013..Dietary fat in dairy is a source of estrogenic hormones and may be related to worse breast cancer survival. We evaluated associations between high- and low-fat dairy intake, recurrence, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosis...
- Social networks, social support, and burden in relationships, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosis in the Life After Breast Cancer Epidemiology (LACE) studyCandyce H Kroenke
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, 2101 Webster, 20th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 137:261-71. 2013..74-1.72). Social networks were also more important for caregivers versus noncaregivers. Larger social networks predicted better prognosis after breast cancer, but associations depended on the quality and burden of family relationships...
- Effects of a dietary intervention and weight change on vasomotor symptoms in the Women's Health InitiativeCandyce H Kroenke
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA, USA
Menopause 19:980-8. 2012....
- Mood patterns based on momentary assessment of positive and negative moods over a day and coronary artery calcification in the CARDIA studyCandyce H Kroenke
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, Oakland, CA, USA
Psychosom Med 74:526-34. 2012..Using momentary assessment, we evaluated associations between average positive and negative mood states and diurnal mood patterns, with prevalent and incident coronary artery calcification (CAC), a measure of calcified atherosclerosis...
- Social networks, social support and burden in relationships, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosisCandyce H Kroenke
Kaiser Permanente, Division of Research, 2101 Webster, 20th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:375-85. 2012..Other social network members were unrelated to mortality. Social relationships may have both adverse and beneficial influences on breast cancer survival. Clarifying these depends on understanding the context of women's relationships...
- Telomerase, telomere length, and coronary artery calcium in black and white men in the CARDIA studyCandyce H Kroenke
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, 2101 Webster Street, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Atherosclerosis 220:506-12. 2012..To evaluate whether telomerase activity, measured in circulating blood leukocytes, might be associated with prevalent atherosclerosis, or predict future coronary artery disease risk...
- Autonomic and adrenocortical reactivity and buccal cell telomere length in kindergarten childrenCandyce H Kroenke
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, 2101 Webster St, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Psychosom Med 73:533-40. 2011..To examine associations between autonomic nervous system and adrenocortical reactivity to laboratory stressors and buccal cell telomere length (BTL) in children...
- Intrinsic subtypes from the PAM50 gene expression assay in a population-based breast cancer survivor cohort: prognostication of short- and long-term outcomesBette J Caan
Authors Affiliations Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Epidemiology Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah and The Associated Regional and University Pathologist Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, Utah
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 23:725-34. 2014....
- Weight change and survival after breast cancer in the after breast cancer pooling projectBette J Caan
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1260-71. 2012..To further understand effects of postdiagnostic weight variation on survival, we examined the relationship by comorbid status and initial body mass index (BMI)...
- Pre-diagnosis body mass index and survival after breast cancer in the After Breast Cancer Pooling ProjectMarilyn L Kwan
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:729-39. 2012..Morbidly obese women were also at increased risk of death from breast cancer. These results suggest that degree of obesity confers differential risk on survival...
- Association of high obesity with PAM50 breast cancer intrinsic subtypes and gene expressionMarilyn L Kwan
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612, USA
BMC Cancer 15:278. 2015..Invasive breast cancers are now commonly classified using gene expression into biologically and clinically distinct tumor subtypes. However, the role of obesity in breast tumor gene expression and intrinsic subtype is unknown...
- Smoking and survival after breast cancer diagnosis: a prospective observational study and systematic reviewDejana Braithwaite
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:521-33. 2012..Women who smoke following breast cancer diagnosis and treatment are at higher risk of death both from breast cancer and other causes...
- Prospective change in health-related quality of life and subsequent mortality among middle-aged and older womenCandyce H Kroenke
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2085-91. 2008..We sought to determine prospective changes in health-related quality of life (HRQoL) measures and subsequent mortality in middle-aged and older women...
- Pre- to post-diagnosis weight change and associations with physical functional limitations in breast cancer survivorsArissa Young
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612, USA
J Cancer Surviv 8:539-47. 2014..We investigated pre- to post-diagnosis weight change and functional limitations in a cohort of breast cancer survivors...
- Antidepressants and testicular cancerGary D Friedman
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612, USA
Cancer Causes Control 25:251-8. 2014..Re-examine association of fluoxetine and paroxetine with risk of testicular cancer noted in drug screening, with 4 years more follow-up and expanded study of these and other antidepressant drugs...