Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- An analysis of the risk of hip dislocation with a contemporary total joint registryMonti Khatod
Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 447:19-23. 2006..The dislocation rates for primary total hip arthroplasty were 2% for 28 mm heads and 0.7% for heads > or = 32 mm. The surgeon's patient volume, surgical approach, operative time, and body mass index had no effect on dislocation...
- Knee replacement: epidemiology, outcomes, and trends in Southern California: 17,080 replacements from 1995 through 2004Monti Khatod
Southern California Permanente Medical Group, San Diego, CA, USA
Acta Orthop 79:812-9. 2008..We also studied whether this population is representative of the general population in California and in the United States...
- Prophylaxis against pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing total hip arthroplastyMonti Khatod
Surgical Outcomes and Analysis, San Diego, California, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:1767-72. 2011..The purpose of the present study was to examine whether a best prophylactic agent exists for the prevention of postoperative pulmonary embolism and whether the type of anesthesia affects the rates of pulmonary embolism...
- Pulmonary embolism prophylaxis in more than 30,000 total knee arthroplasty patients: is there a best choice?Monti Khatod
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Baldwin Park, California, USA
J Arthroplasty 27:167-72. 2012..Based on the findings, general anesthesia can be discouraged, and only Coumadin fared better than mechanical prophylaxis alone, whereas other forms of chemical prophylaxis revealed no significant differences...
- Evaluation of total hip arthroplasty devices using a total joint replacement registryElizabeth W Paxton
Department of Surgical Outcomes and Analysis, Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA 92109, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:53-9. 2012..The purpose of this paper is to describe the infrastructure of the total joint replacement registry of a large integrated healthcare system's and emphasize challenges associated with orthopedic device classification and evaluation...
- Kaiser Permanente National Total Joint Replacement Registry: aligning operations with information technologyElizabeth W Paxton
Surgical Outcomes and Analysis Unit of Clinical Analysis, Kaiser Permanente, 3033 Bunker Hill Street, San Diego, CA 92109, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2646-63. 2010....