John J Kearney
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Complications of hydrogel explants used in scleral buckling surgeryJohn J Kearney
Department of Ophthalmology, The Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:96-100. 2004..To report a group of patients with symptoms of pain, strabismus, sensation of orbital fullness, and presence of a subconjunctival mass many years after successful scleral buckling surgery using hydrogel explants...
- Combining phacoemulsification and vitrectomy in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyJ Michael Lahey
Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 15:192-6. 2004..Interest in combined surgery is increasing as reports in the literature documenting its safety and efficacy continue to be published. The purpose of this article is to review the recent trends in combined surgery...
- Young patients with branch retinal vein occlusion: a review of 60 casesHarHiu D Lam
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Hayward, California, USA
Retina 30:1520-3. 2010..To investigate the risk factors for branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) in young patients...
- Combining phacoemulsification with pars plana vitrectomy in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a series of 223 casesJ Michael Lahey
Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1335-9. 2003..To describe the results of combined phacoemulsification, insertion of posterior chamber intraocular lens (PCIOL), and pars plana vitrectomy for patients with retinal disorders resulting from diabetic retinopathy...
- Hypercoagulable states and central retinal vein occlusionJ Michael Lahey
Permanente Medical Group, Hayward, California, Department of Ophthalmology, Retinal Division, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 9:385-92. 2003..Older patients with any of the common vascular risk factors do not require thrombophilic screening. By carefully selecting the patients who are evaluated for thrombophilias, the likelihood of finding true-positive tests is increased...