Neil G Harness
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Distal radius fracture risk reduction with a comprehensive osteoporosis management programNeil G Harness
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Orange County Medical Center, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:1543-9. 2012..To study risk factors associated with osteoporotic distal radius fractures and evaluate the effectiveness of the screening and treatment components of a comprehensive osteoporosis program...
- The history of fracture fixation of the hand and wristNeil G Harness
Hand Surgery Service, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 445:19-29. 2006..We must not loose sight of the goals of fracture treatment and should heed the lessons learned throughout centuries of treating these injuries...
- Rate of infection after carpal tunnel release surgery and effect of antibiotic prophylaxisNeil G Harness
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Anaheim Medical Center, Anaheim, CA 92806, USA
J Hand Surg Am 35:189-96. 2010..To determine the rate of postoperative wound infection and the association with prophylactic antibiotic use in uncomplicated carpal tunnel release surgery...
- The association of hemoglobin A1c with the prevalence of stenosing flexor tenosynovitisMichael C Vance
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Irvine, CA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:1765-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine whether elevated hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels are associated with the development of FTS...
- Indications for performing carpal tunnel surgery: clinical quality measuresMelinda A Maggard
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90095, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:169-79. 2010..Rates of carpal tunnel surgery vary for unclear reasons. In this study, the authors developed measures determining when surgery is necessary (benefits exceed risks), inappropriate (risks outweigh benefits), or optional...
- Loss of fixation of the volar lunate facet fragment in fractures of the distal part of the radiusNeil G Harness
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:1900-8. 2004....
- The influence of three-dimensional computed tomography reconstructions on the characterization and treatment of distal radial fracturesNeil G Harness
Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1315-23. 2006..Our hypothesis was that three-dimensional computed tomography images would further increase the reliability and accuracy of radiographic characterization of distal radial fractures...