Dina N Greene
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Identification of One or Two α-Globin Gene Deletions by Isoelectric Focusing ElectrophoresisArchana M Agarwal
TPMG, Northern California Kaiser Permanente Regional Laboratories, 1725 Eastshore Hwy, Berkeley, CA 94610 e mail
Am J Clin Pathol 140:301-5. 2013..Conclusions: Low concentrations of HbH can be detected in a patient with 1 or 2 α-gene deletions using IEF. ..
- Facilitating the laboratory diagnosis of α1-antitrypsin deficiencyDina N Greene
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 139:184-91. 2013..In conclusion, a reference compendium of known AAT phenotypes was established that can serve as a resource for interpreting AAT phenotypes...
- Limitations in qualitative point of care hCG tests for detecting early pregnancyDina N Greene
Kaiser Permanente, TPMG Northern California Regional Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, United States
Clin Chim Acta 415:317-21. 2013..Qualitative point-of-care (POC) human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) testing is often used. There is a gap in the literature for evaluating patient samples with low (<300 IU/l) hCG concentration using POC devices...
- Comparison of Sebia Capillarys Flex capillary electrophoresis with the BioRad Variant II high pressure liquid chromatography in the evaluation of hemoglobinopathiesDina N Greene
The Permanente Medical Group Regional Laboratories, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Berkeley, CA, United States
Clin Chim Acta 413:1232-8. 2012..Here we compare a new instrument, the Sebia Capillarys Flex (capillary zone electrophoresis (CE)), with the BioRad Variant II (high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) in the evaluation of hemoglobinopathies...
- α1-Antitrypsin phenotypes and associated serum protein concentrations in a large clinical populationJoshua A Bornhorst
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Chest 143:1000-8. 2013..Relative frequencies of rare AAT variant phenotypes (non-M, Z, and S) and associated serum concentrations in the clinical population have not been thoroughly described...
- α1-antitrypsin deficiency in fraternal twins born with familial spontaneous pneumothoraxDina N Greene
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Chest 141:239-41. 2012..These findings suggest a role for AAT deficiency in spontaneous pneumothorax of the newborn. To our knowledge, these are the first genetic data to support etiology of neonatal spontaneous familial pneumothorax...
- Falsely decreased human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) results due to increased concentrations of the free beta subunit and the beta core fragment in quantitative hCG assaysDavid G Grenache
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clin Chem 56:1839-44. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine if increased concentrations of hCGβ and hCGβ core fragment (hCGβcf) cause falsely decreased results on 9 commercially available quantitative hCG assays...
- Misclassification of an apparent alpha 1-antitrypsin "Z" deficiency variant by melting analysisDina N Greene
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clin Chim Acta 412:1454-6. 2011..AAT deficiency is diagnosed using a combination of genetic and biochemical tests. Here we demonstrate how polymorphisms in the AAT gene can lead to genotype/phenotype discrepancies in common AAT assays...
- Cerebrospinal fluid myelin basic protein is frequently ordered but has little value: a test utilization studyDina N Greene
The Permanente Medical Group Regional Laboratories, Berkeley, CA, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 138:262-72. 2012..Importantly, MBP does not add a statistically significant increase in diagnostic sensitivity or specificity when used in combination with OCB and/or IgG index. The data indicate that MBP is an unnecessary and overused test...
- Evaluation of the integrated E-Z split key(®) cup II for rapid detection of twelve drug classes in urineDina N Greene
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Anal Toxicol 35:46-53. 2011..One false-negative result for barbiturates was observed, but was resolved. Overall, the cups demonstrated excellent sensitivity, specificity, and diagnostic efficiency for all drugs represented...