C A Green
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Gender, psychosocial factors and the use of medical services: a longitudinal analysisC A Green
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, OR 97227 1110, USA
Soc Sci Med 48:1363-72. 1999....
- Gender and alcohol use: the roles of social support, chronic illness, and psychological well-beingC A Green
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97227 1110, USA
J Behav Med 24:383-99. 2001..Poor psychological well-being may be a modifiable risk factor for increased alcohol use among women; practitioners should be alert for greater consumption among men with few functional limitations and good health...
- Effects of hearing impairment on use of health services among the elderlyC A Green
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, USA
J Aging Health 13:315-28. 2001..To assess the effects of hearing impairment on health-service use in an elderly population, controlling for factors associated with hearing difficulties known to affect utilization...
- Caregiving, alcohol use, and mental health symptoms among HMO membersM R Polen
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon 97227 1110, USA
J Community Health 26:285-301. 2001..Our results confirm previous findings of greater mental health problems among caregivers, yet suggest that caregivers may not be seeking services commensurate to their needs...
- Drinking patterns, health care utilization, and costs among HMO primary care patientsM R Polen
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 28:378-99. 2001..Further study of former drinkers is warranted to examine the role of alcohol-related illnesses in the decision to quit drinking...
- The health and health behaviors of people who do not drink alcoholC A Green
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon 97227 1110, USA
Am J Prev Med 21:298-305. 2001..In addition, health behaviors may vary with drinking status, affecting health outcomes often attributed to drinking...