Nancy P Gordon
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Variation in vitamin D supplementation among adults in a multi-race/ethnic health plan population, 2008Nancy P Gordon
Kaiser Permanente Northern California s Division of Research in Oakland, Oakland, CA, USA
Nutr J 11:104. 2012..Our study examined variation in vitamin D supplementation practices in an adult health plan population by age, gender, and race-ethnicity...
- Differences in reproductive risk factors for breast cancer in middle-aged women in Marin County, California and a sociodemographically similar area of Northern CaliforniaC Suzanne Lea
Department of Public Health, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
BMC Womens Health 9:6. 2009..This survey was designed to compare potential breast cancer risks and incidence rates for a sample of middle-aged MC women with those of a demographically similar population...
- Gay/Lesbian sexual orientation increases risk for cigarette smoking and heavy drinking among members of a large Northern California health planElisabeth P Gruskin
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research 2000 Broadway, 3rd Floor Oakland, CA 94612, USA
BMC Public Health 6:241. 2006..Tobacco and alcohol use and related morbidity and mortality are critical public health problems. Results of several, but not all, studies suggest that lesbians and gay men are at elevated risk for smoking tobacco and alcohol misuse...
- Race/ethnicity and validity of self-reported pneumococcal vaccinationNancy P Gordon
Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 8:227. 2008....
- Health-related characteristics and preferred methods of receiving health education according to dominant language among Latinos aged 25 to 64 in a large Northern California health planNancy P Gordon
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
BMC Public Health 8:305. 2008....
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine by the adult membership of a large northern California health maintenance organization, 1999Nancy P Gordon
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Northern California Region, Oakland, Calif 94612, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 27:12-24. 2004..Implications for how CAM use should be tracked for ambulatory care populations and the importance of addressing nutritional supplement use in ambulatory clinical care are discussed...
- Use of dietary supplements by female seniors in a large Northern California health planNancy P Gordon
Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
BMC Geriatr 5:4. 2005....
- Nonvitamin, nonmineral supplement use over a 12-month period by adult members of a large health maintenance organizationDonna M Schaffer
Kaiser Permanente Care Management Institute, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1500-5. 2003..The type and prevalence of supplement use by demographic and behavior characteristics were examined among members of a large group model health plan, including those with selected health conditions...
- Prevalence of osteonecrosis of the jaw in patients with oral bisphosphonate exposureJoan C Lo
Research Scientist, Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:243-53. 2010..The present study examined the prevalence of ONJ in patients receiving chronic oral bisphosphonate therapy...
- A pragmatic cluster randomized clinical trial of diabetes prevention strategies for women with gestational diabetes: design and rationale of the Gestational Diabetes' Effects on Moms (GEM) studyAssiamira Ferrara
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:21. 2014....
- Patient knowledge and awareness of hypertension is suboptimal: results from a large health maintenance organizationMark Alexander
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Northern California Region, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 5:254-60. 2003..The authors' findings support the need to improve patient education for better management of hypertension...
- Predictors of children's healthcare use: the value of child versus parental perspectives on healthcare needsChristopher B Forrest
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Med Care 42:232-8. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between healthcare use and children's healthcare needs as assessed from the perspectives of children themselves, parents, and healthcare practitioners...
- Alcohol consumption, medical conditions, and health behavior in older adultsDerek D Satre
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:238-48. 2007..To examine associations between drinking patterns, medical conditions, and behavioral health risks among older adults...