Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Insurance continuity and receipt of diabetes preventive care in a network of federally qualified health centersRachel Gold
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon 97227 1110, USA
Med Care 47:431-9. 2009..For patients receiving care at Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), where care is provided regardless of insurance status, the role health insurance status plays in affecting receipt of services is less well understood...
- Factors predicting completion of the human papillomavirus vaccine seriesRachel Gold
The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Adolesc Health 52:427-32. 2013..This study identified factors associated with completion of the three dose quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV4) series by female adolescents...
- Collaborative development of a randomized study to adapt a diabetes quality improvement initiative for federally qualified health centersRachel Gold
Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:236-46. 2012..We outline the innovative collaborative processes whereby researchers and FQHC providers adapted this initiative, which includes health information technology tools, to meet the FQHCs' needs...
- Feasibility of evaluating the CHIPRA care quality measures in electronic health record dataRachel Gold
aKaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon, USA
Pediatrics 130:139-49. 2012..We suggest first steps toward application of the CHIPRA measures in uninsured populations, and in EHR data. The results highlight the importance of considering the limitations of the original CHIPRA measures in care quality evaluations...
- Receipt of diabetes preventive care among safety net patients associated with differing levels of insurance coverageRachel Gold
Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:42-9. 2012..Patients receive care in safety net clinics regardless of insurance status; however, receipt of diabetes preventive care might vary among patients with differing levels of insurance continuity...
- Completion and timing of the three-dose human papillomavirus vaccine series among adolescents attending school-based health centers in OregonRachel Gold
Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Prev Med 52:456-8. 2011..Given the challenges of administering a multi-dose vaccine to adolescents, especially those in vulnerable populations, we evaluated completion of the human papillomavirus vaccine series in 19 of Oregon's school-based health centers...
- Predicting time to subsequent pregnancyRachel Gold
Department of Epidemiology, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Research and Data Analysis, University of Washington UW School of Public and Community Medicine, Portland, Oregon, 97239, USA
Matern Child Health J 9:219-28. 2005..Women in poverty may benefit from avoiding closely spaced pregnancies. This study sought to identify predictive factors that could identify women at risk for closely spaced pregnancies...
- Race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and lifetime morbidity burden in the women's health initiative: a cross-sectional analysisRachel Gold
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:1161-73. 2006....
- Developing a network of community health centers with a common electronic health record: description of the Safety Net West Practice-based Research Network (SNW-PBRN)Jennifer E DeVoe
Safety Net West Practice based Research Network, OCHIN, Inc, Portland, Oregon 97205 3529, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:597-604. 2011..We describe the founding of Safety Net West, its infrastructure development, current projects, and the future goals of this community-based PBRN with a common EHR...
- Parent and child usual source of care and children's receipt of health care servicesJennifer E DeVoe
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:504-13. 2011..Policy reforms should ensure access to a USC for all family members...
- Are pediatric quality care measures too stringent?Allison Casciato
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 27239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:686-93. 2012....
- Lessons learned and challenges ahead: report from the OCHIN Safety Net West practice-based research network (PBRN)Jennifer E DeVoe
Safety Net West Practice based Research Network, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:560-4. 2012..Although many of our experiences are not new to the PBRN community, our reflections may be valuable for those developing or reshaping PBRNs in a changing health care environment...
- Geriatric syndromes and incident disability in older women: results from the women's health initiative observational studyAndrea L Rosso
Department of Epidemiology, Center for Aging and Population Health, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:371-9. 2013..To determine how the number of geriatric syndromes is associated with incident disability in community-based populations of older adults...
- Electronic health records vs Medicaid claims: completeness of diabetes preventive care data in community health centersJennifer E DeVoe
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:351-8. 2011....
- Identifying pregnancy episodes, outcomes, and mother-infant pairs in the Vaccine Safety DatalinkAllison L Naleway
The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, United States
Vaccine 31:2898-903. 2013..Large, population-based data systems like the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) may be useful for this research, but identifying pregnancies using electronic medical record (EMR) and claims data can be challenging...
- Reported adverse events in young women following quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccinationAllison L Naleway
The Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:425-32. 2012..To assess and describe young women's experiences with their first dose of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV4) (Gardasil®) in a large managed care organization...
- Medication use, emergency hospital care utilization, and quality-of-life outcome disparities by race/ethnicity among adults with asthmaDavid M Mosen
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97227 1110, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:821-8. 2010....
- Increasing the relevance of research to underserved communities: lessons learned from a retreat to engage community health workers with researchersHeather Angier
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 24:840-9. 2013..Retreats facilitating dialogue between researchers and CHWs could yield important insight to enhance the significance of research for communities...
- Screening and interventions for childhood overweight: a summary of evidence for the US Preventive Services Task ForceEvelyn P Whitlock
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
Pediatrics 116:e125-44. 2005..Purpose. This evidence synthesis examines the evidence for the benefits and harms of screening and early treatment of overweight among children and adolescents in clinical settings...
- Development of an algorithm to identify pregnancy episodes in an integrated health care delivery systemMark C Hornbrook
The Center for Health Research, Northwest Hawaii Southeast, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227 1110, USA
Health Serv Res 42:908-27. 2007..To develop and validate a software algorithm to detect pregnancy episodes and maternal morbidities using automated data. Data SOURCES/STUDY SETTING: Automated records from a large integrated health care delivery system (IHDS), 1998-2001...
- Community of solution for the U.S. health care system: lessons from the U.S. educational systemJennifer E DeVoe
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:323-6. 2013..S. health care system, to introduce one potential model for reform, and to encourage creative thinking about other system-level communities of solution that could lead to profound change and improvements in the U.S. health care system...
- Hormone therapy and physical function change among older women in the Women's Health Initiative: a randomized controlled trialYvonne L Michael
Department of Epidemiology, Drexel University School of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Menopause 17:295-302. 2010..We examined whether hormone therapy affected physical function in women 65 to 79 years of age at enrollment...
- Teen births, income inequality, and social capital: developing an understanding of the causal pathwayRachel Gold
University of Washington, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Department of Epidemiology Maternal and Child Health Program, USA
Health Place 8:77-83. 2002..Birth rate was affected by both poverty and income inequality, though income inequality appeared to affect teen birth rate primarily through its impact on social capital...