Jason M Glanz
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- A mixed methods study of parental vaccine decision making and parent-provider trustJason M Glanz
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research, Denver, Colo Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 13:481-8. 2013..To describe parental vaccine decision making behaviors and characterize trust in physician advice among parents with varying childhood vaccination behaviors...
- Return to drug use and overdose after release from prison: a qualitative study of risk and protective factorsIngrid A Binswanger
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Mail Stop B180, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Addict Sci Clin Pract 7:3. 2012..The purpose of the study is to understand the drug use experiences, perceptions of overdose risk, and experiences with overdose among former prisoners...
- A population-based cohort study of undervaccination in 8 managed care organizations across the United StatesJason M Glanz
Institute forHealth Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237, USA
JAMA Pediatr 167:274-81. 2013..CONCLUSIONS Undervaccination appears to be an increasing trend. Undervaccinated children appear to have different health care utilization patterns compared with age-appropriately vaccinated children...
- Safety of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in children aged 24 to 59 months in the vaccine safety datalinkJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:749-55. 2011....
- Parental decline of pneumococcal vaccination and risk of pneumococcal related disease in childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Vaccine 29:994-9. 2011..This study examined the association between the parental decision to decline pneumococcal conjugate (PCV7) vaccinations and the risk of hospitalization due to pneumococcal disease or lobar pneumonia in children...
- Four different study designs to evaluate vaccine safety were equally validated with contrasting limitationsJason M Glanz
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente, P O Box 378006, Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 59:808-18. 2006..We conducted a simulation study to empirically compare four study designs [cohort, case-control, risk-interval, self-controlled case series (SCCS)] used to assess vaccine safety...
- Parental refusal of varicella vaccination and the associated risk of varicella infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:66-70. 2010..To quantify both the individual-level and attributable risk of varicella infection requiring medical care in children whose parents refuse varicella immunizations...
- A population-based, multisite cohort study of the predictors of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in childrenJason Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pediatrics 121:e506-12. 2008..The objective of this study was to identify risk factors for developing chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in a cohort of pediatric patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura...
- Parental refusal of pertussis vaccination is associated with an increased risk of pertussis infection in childrenJason M Glanz
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pediatrics 123:1446-51. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine if children who contracted pertussis infection were more likely to have parents who refused pertussis vaccinations than a similar group of children who did not develop pertussis infection...
- Timely versus delayed early childhood vaccination and seizuresSimon J Hambidge
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado Department of Community Health Services, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado Department of Epidemiology, University of Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, Colorado
Pediatrics 133:e1492-9. 2014..Little is known regarding the timing of childhood vaccination and postvaccination seizures...
- Safety of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in children 6 to 23 months oldSimon J Hambidge
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
JAMA 296:1990-7. 2006..Beginning with the winter season of 2004-2005, influenza vaccination has been recommended for all children 6 to 23 months old in the United States. However, its safety in young children has not been adequately studied in large populations...
- Factors that may explain observed associations between trivalent influenza vaccination and gastrointestinal illness in young childrenSophia R Newcomer
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237, United States
Vaccine 31:3894-8. 2013..Specifically, using data from a previous influenza vaccine safety study, we examined the association between medical encounters without TIV and gastrointestinal illness...
- Association between undervaccination with diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine and risk of pertussis infection in children 3 to 36 months of ageJason M Glanz
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver2Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora
JAMA Pediatr 167:1060-4. 2013..Undervaccination is an increasing trend that potentially places children and their communities at an increased risk for serious infectious diseases...
- A scan statistic for identifying optimal risk windows in vaccine safety studies using self-controlled case series designStanley Xu
The Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Stat Med 32:3290-9. 2013..This approach uses the maximum likelihood ratio test based on fixed-effects models, which has been used for analyzing data from self-controlled case series design in addition to conditional Poisson models...
- Comparison of epidemiologic methods for active surveillance of vaccine safetyDavid L McClure
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Vaccine 26:3341-5. 2008..We performed a simulation study to compare four study designs [(matched-cohort, vaccinated-only (risk-interval) cohort, case-control, and self-controlled case-series (SCCS)] in the context of vaccine safety active surveillance...
- Safety of diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis and inactivated poliovirus (DTaP-IPV) vaccineMatthew F Daley
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 10065 E Harvard Avenue, Denver, CO 80231, United States Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Box 065, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 32:3019-24. 2014..While pre-licensure studies did not demonstrate significant safety concerns, the number vaccinated in these studies was not sufficient to examine the risk of uncommon but serious adverse events...
- Safety of the trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine among children: a population-based studyEric K France
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:1031-6. 2004..To our knowledge, there are no published population-based studies on the safety of the inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine among children...
- Identifying optimal risk windows for self-controlled case series studies of vaccine safetyStanley Xu
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, U S A
Stat Med 30:742-52. 2011..Both simulation studies and vaccine safety data applications show that our proposed approach is effective in identifying medium and long-risk windows...
- Risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after measles-mumps-rubella immunization in childrenEric K France
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kaiser Pemanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Pediatrics 121:e687-92. 2008..The measles-mumps-rubella vaccine has been associated with immune thrombocytopenia purpura in 2 small studies...
- Postlicensure surveillance for pre-specified adverse events following the 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in childrenHung Fu Tseng
Kaiser Permanente, Southern California, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
Vaccine 31:2578-83. 2013..The possible association between PCV13 and Kawasaki disease may deserve further investigation...
- Patterns of care and persistence after incident elevated blood pressureMatthew F Daley
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80231, USA
Pediatrics 132:e349-55. 2013..The objective was to assess patterns of care after an incident elevated BP, including timing of repeat BP measurement and likelihood of persistently elevated BP...
- Platelet adenylyl cyclase activity as a state or trait marker in alcohol dependence: results of the WHO/ISBRA Study on State and Trait Markers of Alcohol Use and DependencePaula L Hoffman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1078-87. 2002..We have now measured platelet adenylyl cyclase activity in more than 1400 well-characterized subjects, which allows us to investigate the influence of a broad range of factors on this activity...
- WHO/ISBRA Study on State and Trait Markers of Alcohol Use and Dependence: analysis of demographic, behavioral, physiologic, and drinking variables that contribute to dependence and seeking treatment. International Society on Biomedical Research on AlcoholJason Glanz
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1047-61. 2002....
- Relationships between effects of smoking, gender, and alcohol dependence on platelet monoamine oxidase-B: activity, affinity labeling, and protein measurementsLawrence D Snell
Lohocla Research Corporation, Denver, Colorado, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1105-13. 2002..Many alcohol-dependent individuals are also tobacco users, and few studies have attempted to dissociate the effect of alcohol and tobacco use on MAO activity...
- Vaccine Refusal: Clinical Impact and Parental AttitudesJason Glanz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of the intervention is to educate parents about the safety and effectiveness of routine immunizations and increase immunization rates over time. An effective intervention would help reduce pertussis infection rates in children. ..