Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Effect of electronic health records in ambulatory care: retrospective, serial, cross sectional studyTerhilda Garrido
Clinical Systems Planning and Consulting, Kaiser Permanente, 2101 Webster Street, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
BMJ 330:581. 2005..To evaluate the effect of implementing comprehensive, integrated electronic health record systems on use and quality of ambulatory care..
- Effects of proactive population-based nephrologist oversight on progression of chronic kidney disease: a retrospective control analysisBrian Lee
Division of Nephrology, Kaiser Permanente Hawaii, Moanalua Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:252. 2012..S. patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) do not see a nephrologist before its onset. Our objective was to evaluate the effect of proactive, population-based nephrologist oversight (PPNO) on chronic kidney disease (CKD) progression...
- Improving population care with an integrated electronic panel support toolYi Yvonne Zhou
Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon, USA
Popul Health Manag 14:3-9. 2011..8%-74.0%). During the first 12 months of tool use, performance improved to a statistically significant degree every 4 months. After 20 months of follow-up, it increased to an average of 80.0% (95% CI, 79.3%-80.7%)...
- The Kaiser Permanente Electronic Health Record: transforming and streamlining modalities of careCatherine Chen
KP headquarters in Oakland, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:323-33. 2009..Introducing an EHR creates operational efficiencies by offering nontraditional, patient-centered ways of providing care...
- Association between personal health record enrollment and patient loyaltyMarianne Turley
Health Information Technology Transformation and Analytics, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e248-53. 2012..To examine the association between patient loyalty, as measured by member retention in the health plan, and access to My Health Manager (MHM), Kaiser Permanente's PHR, which is linked to its electronic health record, KP HealthConnect...
- Improved quality at Kaiser Permanente through e-mail between physicians and patientsYi Yvonne Zhou
Information TechnologyTransformation and Analytics, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1370-5. 2010..In addition, the use of e-mail was associated with an improvement of 2.0-6.5 percentage points in performance on other HEDIS measures such as glycemic (HbA1c), cholesterol, and blood pressure screening and control...
- Patient access to an electronic health record with secure messaging: impact on primary care utilizationYi Y Zhou
Kaiser Permanente, Portland, OR 97210, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:418-24. 2007..To determine whether patient access to secure patient-physician messaging affects annual adult primary care office visit and documented telephone contact rates...
- Making the business case for hospital information systems--a Kaiser Permanente investment decisionTerhilda Garrido
Clinical Systems Planning and Consulting, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc, Oakland, CA, USA
J Health Care Finance 31:16-25. 2004..The issues and constraints that impact the potential transferability of this business case across delivery systems raise questions that merit further attention...
- Use of electronic health records can improve the health care industry's environmental footprintMarianne Turley
Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:938-46. 2011..We conclude that electronic health records have a positive net effect on the environment, and that our model for evaluating their impact can be used to determine whether their use can improve communities' health...
- The value of vendor-reported ambulatory EHR benefits dataDouglas Thompson
First Consulting Group, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Healthc Financ Manage 61:82-6. 2007..Our study found that a benefits database maintained by an ambulatory clinical systems vendor provided information that is useful, but that also has limitations...