Alexander C Flint
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Primary intraventricular hemorrhage: yield of diagnostic angiography and clinical outcomeAlexander C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, 1150 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Neurocrit Care 8:330-6. 2008....
- Detection of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation by 30-day event monitoring in cryptogenic ischemic stroke: the Stroke and Monitoring for PAF in Real Time (SMART) RegistryAlexander C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Stroke 43:2788-90. 2012..We established the Stroke and Monitoring for PAF in Real Time (SMART) Registry to determine the yield of 30-day outpatient PAF monitoring in cryptogenic ischemic stroke...
- Inpatient statin use predicts improved ischemic stroke discharge dispositionA C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, CA, USA
Neurology 78:1678-83. 2012..To determine whether statin use is associated with improved discharge disposition after ischemic stroke...
- Statin use during ischemic stroke hospitalization is strongly associated with improved poststroke survivalAlexander C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Stroke 43:147-54. 2012..We examined the relationship between statin use before and during stroke hospitalization and poststroke survival...
- Temporizing treatment of hyperacute subdural hemorrhage by subdural evacuation port system placementAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurosurgery, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
J Neurosurg 115:844-8. 2011..In appropriately selected cases, patients with a hyperacute SDH may benefit from SEPS placement to quickly treat elevated ICP, as a bridge to definitive surgical treatment by craniotomy...
- Predicting long-term outcome after endovascular stroke treatment: the totaled health risks in vascular events scoreAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurocritical Care and Stroke, Regional Neuroscience Program, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:1192-6. 2010..We hypothesized that specific chronic diseases can be used, along with age and stroke severity, to predict endovascular stroke treatment outcomes...
- Performance characteristics of a sliding-scale hypertonic saline infusion protocol for the treatment of acute neurologic hyponatremiaCarolyn H Woo
Department of Neurosurgery, Kaiser Northern California Regional Neuroscience Center, Kaiser Permanente, 1150 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Neurocrit Care 11:228-34. 2009..To date, no data are available to determine how reliably such adjustments achieve stable, normal serum sodium concentrations or how often iatrogenic hypernatremia occurs during the course of treatment with hypertonic saline...
- Simple and reliable determination of the modified rankin scale score in neurosurgical and neurological patients: the mRS-9QNihar Patel
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
Neurosurgery 71:971-5; discussion 975. 2012..The modified Rankin Scale (mRS) is a 6-level outcome scale used to assess level of function in neurological disease...
- Post-operative expansion of hemorrhagic contusions after unilateral decompressive hemicraniectomy in severe traumatic brain injuryAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurology, Neurovascular and Neurocritical Care Service, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Neurotrauma 25:503-12. 2008..Severity of initial CT findings may predict the risk of contusion expansion following hemicraniectomy, thereby identifying a subgroup of patients who might benefit from therapies aimed at augmenting the coagulation system...
- Mechanical thrombectomy of intracranial internal carotid occlusion: pooled results of the MERCI and Multi MERCI Part I trialsAlexander C Flint
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 38:1274-80. 2007....