Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Managing skin and soft tissue infections: expert panel recommendations on key decision pointsLawrence J Eron
University of Hawaii, John A Burns Medical School, Honolulu, HI, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:i3-17. 2003
- Early discharge of infected patients through appropriate antibiotic useL J Eron
Arch Intern Med 161:61-5. 2001..Patients with infections are usually discharged from the hospital with antibiotics when afebrile and clinically improved...
- Treating acute infections by telemedicine in the homeLawrence Eron
Kaiser Moanalua Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1175-81. 2004..Telemedicine in the home results in considerable savings by averting or shortening hospital stays...
- The virtual hospital: treating acute infections in the home by telemedicineLawrence J Eron
Division of Infectious Diseases, Kaiser Moanalua Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
Hawaii Med J 63:291-3. 2004..Our treatment paradigm achieved satisfactory outcomes, cost savings, and at the same time resulted in more rapid convalescence than hospitalization...
- Telemedicine: the future of outpatient therapy?Lawrence Eron
John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Kaiser Moanalua Medical Center, Honolulu, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:S224-30. 2010..More studies are needed to further establish the widespread and increasing practice of telemedicine, which may represent the future of medicine...