Gerald N DeLorenze
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Association between second-generation antipsychotics and newly diagnosed treated diabetes mellitus: does the effect differ by dose?Marianne Ulcickas Yood
EpiSource, LLC, Newton, MA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:197. 2011..The benefits of some second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) must be weighed against the increased risk for diabetes mellitus. This study examines whether the association between SGAs and diabetes differs by dose...
- Daily intake of antioxidants in relation to survival among adult patients diagnosed with malignant gliomaGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 10:215. 2010..The influence of diet and antioxidant intake on glioma survival is not well understood. The current study examines the association between antioxidant intake and survival after glioma diagnosis...
- Mortality after diagnosis of psychiatric disorders and co-occurring substance use disorders among HIV-infected patientsGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California 94612, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:705-12. 2010....
- Excess mortality among HIV-infected patients diagnosed with substance use dependence or abuse receiving care in a fully integrated medical care programGerald N DeLorenze
Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:203-10. 2011..We examined the association between substance use (SU) disorder and mortality among HIV-infected patients in a large, private medical care program...
- Factors associated with treatment initiation for psychiatric and substance use disorders among persons with HIVDerek D Satre
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:745-53. 2013..Prior studies of individuals with HIV infection have found that accessing psychiatric and substance abuse treatment when needed can improve health and prolong life, yet little is known about factors associated with treatment initiation...
- Hospital-level rates of fluoroquinolone use and the risk of hospital-acquired infection with ciprofloxacin-nonsusceptible Pseudomonas aeruginosaG Thomas Ray
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:441-9. 2005..aeruginosa isolates from hospital-acquired infections (hereafter, "hospital-acquired isolates") would be nonsusceptible to ciprofloxacin...
- Medication error in the care of HIV/AIDS patients: electronic surveillance, confirmation, and adverse eventsGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California 94602, USA
Med Care 43:III63-8. 2005..Medication error occurring during the care of HIV-infected patients may lead to treatment failure, drug toxicity, or even death...
- Older age and the response to and tolerability of antiretroviral therapyMichael J Silverberg
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:684-91. 2007..The unique health needs of a growing older adult population infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) require study, especially in terms of the response to and tolerability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...