Gerald N DeLorenze
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Association between second-generation antipsychotics and newly diagnosed treated diabetes mellitus: does the effect differ by dose?Marianne Ulcickas Yood
EpiSource, LLC, Newton, MA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:197. 2011..The benefits of some second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) must be weighed against the increased risk for diabetes mellitus. This study examines whether the association between SGAs and diabetes differs by dose...
- Daily intake of antioxidants in relation to survival among adult patients diagnosed with malignant gliomaGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 10:215. 2010..The influence of diet and antioxidant intake on glioma survival is not well understood. The current study examines the association between antioxidant intake and survival after glioma diagnosis...
- Mortality after diagnosis of psychiatric disorders and co-occurring substance use disorders among HIV-infected patientsGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, California 94612, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:705-12. 2010....
- Excess mortality among HIV-infected patients diagnosed with substance use dependence or abuse receiving care in a fully integrated medical care programGerald N DeLorenze
Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:203-10. 2011..We examined the association between substance use (SU) disorder and mortality among HIV-infected patients in a large, private medical care program...
- Hospital-level rates of fluoroquinolone use and the risk of hospital-acquired infection with ciprofloxacin-nonsusceptible Pseudomonas aeruginosaG Thomas Ray
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:441-9. 2005..aeruginosa isolates from hospital-acquired infections (hereafter, "hospital-acquired isolates") would be nonsusceptible to ciprofloxacin...
- Medication error in the care of HIV/AIDS patients: electronic surveillance, confirmation, and adverse eventsGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California 94602, USA
Med Care 43:III63-8. 2005..Medication error occurring during the care of HIV-infected patients may lead to treatment failure, drug toxicity, or even death...
- Older age and the response to and tolerability of antiretroviral therapyMichael J Silverberg
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:684-91. 2007..The unique health needs of a growing older adult population infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) require study, especially in terms of the response to and tolerability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...