Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Initial validation of an instrument to identify barriers to self-management for persons with co-morbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, Clinical Research Unit, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 1:315-20. 2005..We hypothesized that persons who reported increased barriers to self-management would also report lower general health status and a greater disease burden...
- Association of patient-centered outcomes with patient-reported and ICD-9-based morbidity measuresElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado 80231 5968, USA
Ann Fam Med 10:126-33. 2012..We compared the contributions of self-reported morbidity and morbidity measured using administrative diagnosis data for both patient-reported outcomes and utilization outcomes...
- Multidisciplinary team care may slow the rate of decline in renal functionElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, Institute for Health Research, 10065 E Harvard Avenue, Suite 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:704-10. 2011..We implemented an MDT quality improvement project for persons with stage 3 CKD and comorbid diabetes and/or hypertension. Our objective was to decrease the rate of decline of GFR...
- The effect of incident cancer, depression and pulmonary disease exacerbations on type 2 diabetes controlElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Institute for Health Research, 10065 E Harvard Ave Ste 300, Denver, CO 80231, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:575-81. 2011..We assessed the effect of incident stage 0, 1, 2 or 3 breast, colon or prostate cancer; incident depression; or an exacerbation of chronic pulmonary disease on control of type 2 diabetes (DM2)...
- Characteristics of Medicare Part D beneficiaries who reach the drug benefit threshold in both of the first two years of the Part D benefitElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO, USA
Med Care 48:267-72. 2010..Medicare Part D beneficiaries who reach the drug benefit threshold (DBT) risk adverse health outcomes...
- Seniors' self-reported multimorbidity captured biopsychosocial factors not incorporated into two other data-based morbidity measuresElizabeth A Bayliss
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 62:550-7.e1. 2009..To explore the constructs underlying a self-report assessment of multimorbidity...
- Processes of care desired by elderly patients with multimorbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Research, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Fam Pract 25:287-93. 2008..Our objective was to explore processes of care desired by elderly patients who have multimorbidities that may present competing demands for patients and providers...
- Supporting self-management for patients with complex medical needs: recommendations of a working groupE A Bayliss
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 3:167-75. 2007..Validation and quantification of these processes will require the development of performance measures that reflect the needs of this population, and research to prove effectiveness...
- Descriptions of barriers to self-care by persons with comorbid chronic diseasesElizabeth A Bayliss
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Ann Fam Med 1:15-21. 2003..Successful management of chronic conditions depends on adequate self-care. However, little is known about the self-care strategies of patients with comorbid chronic conditions...
- Barriers to self-management and quality-of-life outcomes in seniors with multimorbiditiesElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente Clinical Research Unit, Denver, Colo 80237 8066, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:395-402. 2007..Our goal was to identify barriers to self-management that were associated with lower perceived health status and, secondarily, with lower reported physical functioning for a population of seniors with multimorbidities...
- Subjective assessments of comorbidity correlate with quality of life health outcomes: initial validation of a comorbidity assessment instrumentElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:51. 2005..A subjective measure of comorbidity that incorporates an assessment of disease severity may be particularly useful for assessing comorbidity for these investigations...
- Predicting declines in physical function in persons with multiple chronic medical conditions: what we can learn from the medical problem listElizabeth A Bayliss
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:47. 2004..Our objective was to assess the effect of certain comorbid conditions on physical well being over time in a population of persons with chronic medical conditions; and to compare these effects to that of hypertension alone...
- Factors related to adherence to statin therapyBrandy McGinnis
Department of Pharmacy, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO 80011, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1805-11. 2007..Retrospective database analyses have revealed that 50% of patients receiving statins discontinue therapy after one year of treatment. Typically, these data do not focus on patient-specific reasons for discontinuation...
- Caring for body and soul: the importance of recognizing and managing psychological distress in persons with multimorbidityMartin Fortin
Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:1-9. 2007....
- Effects of reaching the drug benefit threshold on Medicare members' healthcare utilization during the first year of Medicare Part DMarsha A Raebel
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research, Denver, Colorado 80237, USA
Med Care 46:1116-22. 2008..Information on the effects of reaching the Medicare Part D standard drug benefit threshold is limited...
- The frequency and behavioral outcomes of goal choices in the self-management of diabetesPaul A Estabrooks
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:391-400. 2005....
- Multimorbidity's many challengesMartin Fortin
BMJ 334:1016-7. 2007
- Assessing Barriers to Self-Management if ComorbiditiesElizabeth Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2007..A valid and reliable instrument to assess barriers to self management will lay the groundwork for clinical interventions to address these barriers and improve health outcomes. ..
- Patient-Centered Care Management/Seniors/MultimorbiditiesElizabeth Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Health Outcomes for Complex Patients: Continuity of Care and Patient PerspectivesElizabeth Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from this investigation will clarify the benefits and mechanism of a broadly recommended, but unproven process of care for complex patients. ..
- Health Outcomes for Complex Patients: Continuity of Care and Patient PerspectivesElizabeth A Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this investigation will clarify the benefits and mechanism of a broadly recommended, but unproven process of care for complex patients. ..