Annette L Adams
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- Proton-pump inhibitor use and hip fractures in men: a population-based case-control studyAnnette L Adams
Department of Research and Evaluation, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena Electronic address
Ann Epidemiol 24:286-90. 2014..To estimate the association between proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) use and hip fracture...
- Associations between childhood obesity and upper and lower extremity injuriesAnnette L Adams
Department of Research and Evaluation, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena, California, USA
Inj Prev 19:191-7. 2013..To estimate the overall and age-specific associations between obesity and extremity musculoskeletal injuries and pain in children...
- Surgical outcomes of total knee replacement according to diabetes status and glycemic control, 2001 to 2009Annette L Adams
Department of Research and Evaluation, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, 100 South Los Robles Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:481-7. 2013..We sought to determine the association of diabetes status and preoperative glycemic control with several surgical outcomes, including revision arthroplasty and deep infection...
- Ten-year hip fracture incidence rate trends in a large California population, 1997-2006A L Adams
Department of Research and Evaluation, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, 100 S Los Robles, 100 Los Robles, 2nd Floor, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
Osteoporos Int 24:373-6. 2013..But while the total numbers of persons affected by hip fractures may be anticipated to increase, incidence rates appear to be declining...
- Physician consultation, multidisciplinary care, and 1-year mortality in Medicare recipients hospitalized with hip and lower extremity injuriesAnnette L Adams
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1835-42. 2010....
- Effectiveness of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in older adultsLisa A Jackson
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
N Engl J Med 348:1747-55. 2003..In a large population of older adults, we assessed the effectiveness of the pneumococcal vaccine...
- Incidence of atypical nontraumatic diaphyseal fractures of the femurRichard M Dell
Department of Orthopedics, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Gardena, CA, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:2544-50. 2012..The increased risk of atypical fractures should be taken into consideration when continuing bisphosphonates beyond 5 years...