David S Aaronson
Affiliation: Kaiser Permanente
- National incidence and impact of noninfectious urethral catheter related complications on the Surgical Care Improvement ProjectDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 185:1756-60. 2011..We defined the incidence and health outcomes related impact of noninfectious urethral catheter related complications for the 7 surgical procedures monitored by the Joint Commission as part of the Surgical Care Improvement Project...
- National incidence and outcomes of postoperative urinary retention in the Surgical Care Improvement ProjectAlex K Wu
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Surg 204:167-71. 2012..The national incidence of postoperative urinary retention (POUR), its risk factors, and associated outcomes are not well understood...
- Safer urethral catheters: how study of catheter balloon pressure and force can guide designAlex K Wu
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
BJU Int 109:1110-4. 2012..To better define urethral catheter balloon pressures and extraction forces during traumatic placement and removal of urethral catheters. To help guide design for safer urethral catheters...
- Complications rates of non-oncologic urologic procedures in population-based data: a comparison to published seriesDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Int Braz J Urol 36:548-56. 2010..We sought to compare complication and mortality rates following urologic procedures derived from population-based data to those of published single-institutional case series...
- Prediction of hospital acute myocardial infarction and heart failure 30-day mortality rates using publicly reported performance measuresDavid S Aaronson
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Healthc Qual 35:15-23. 2013..To identify an approach to summarizing publicly reported hospital performance data for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) or heart failure (HF) that best predicts current year hospital mortality rates...
- Selective arterial embolization of angiomyolipoma leading to pulmonary hypertensionFranklin Lee
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Can J Urol 17:5232-5. 2010..To report two cases of secondary pulmonary hypertension resulting from microsphere extravasation following selective arterial embolization of renal angiomyolipoma, its diagnosis, and management...
- Salvage permanent perineal radioactive-seed implantation for treating recurrence of localized prostate adenocarcinoma after external beam radiotherapyDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
BJU Int 104:600-4. 2009....
- Use of Google Insights for Search to track seasonal and geographic kidney stone incidence in the United StatesBenjamin N Breyer
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Urology 78:267-71. 2011..To determine whether Internet search volume for kidney stones has seasonal and geographic distributions similar to known kidney stone incidence...
- Evaluation of renal function after major renal injury: correlation with the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma Injury ScaleGregory E Tasian
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco and San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Urol 183:196-200. 2010..In this study we evaluated the effect of major kidney injury on renal function...
- Patient decision aids for prostate cancer treatment: a systematic review of the literatureGrace A Lin
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, 4th Floor, Box 0320, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 59:379-90. 2009..Further studies are needed to determine how best to implement DAs into practice, and whether they improve the consistency between patient preferences and treatment choice...
- Is the complication rate of radical cystectomy predictive of the complication rate of other urological procedures?Vincent Fradet
Department of Urology and Epidemiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 181:1054-9; discussion 1059-60. 2009..We hypothesized that the hospital volume of radical cystectomy is an important predictor of complications of other urological procedures...
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter placement for incontinence in high-risk patients after treatment of prostate cancerDavid S Aaronson
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94117, USA
Urology 72:825-7. 2008..To investigate the transcorporal (TC) vs standard (ST) approach of artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) placement for incontinence after treatment of prostate adenocarcinoma (PCa) with radiotherapy or surgery, or both...