Leila C Kahwati
- The impact of the 2004-2005 influenza vaccine shortage in the Veterans Health AdministrationLeila C Kahwati
National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Office of Patient Care Services, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, 3022 Croasdaile Dr Suite 200, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1132-8. 2007..The national public health response to the vaccine shortage of the 2004-2005 season resulted in prioritization of recipients and redistribution of available supply...
- Best practices in the Veterans Health Administration's MOVE! Weight management programLeila C Kahwati
National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Veterans Health Administration, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Prev Med 41:457-64. 2011..Obesity is a substantial problem in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). VHA developed and disseminated the MOVE! Weight Management Program for Veterans to its medical facilities but implementation of the program has been variable...
- Survival among high-risk patients after bariatric surgeryMatthew L Maciejewski
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
JAMA 305:2419-26. 2011..The association of survival and bariatric surgery for older men is less clear...
- Health expenditures among high-risk patients after gastric bypass and matched controlsMatthew L Maciejewski
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Arch Surg 147:633-40. 2012..To determine whether bariatric surgery is associated with reduced health care expenditures in a multisite cohort of predominantly older male patients with a substantial disease burden...
- Health care utilization and expenditure changes associated with bariatric surgeryMatthew L Maciejewski
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Med Care 48:989-98. 2010..It is unknown whether health care utilization and expenditures are reduced for veterans after bariatric surgery...
- Racial/ethnic differences in influenza vaccination in the Veterans Affairs Healthcare SystemKristy A Straits-Troster
Veterans Affairs National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention NCP, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:375-82. 2006..Racial/ethnic differences in influenza vaccination in VA were assessed, and barriers to and facilitators of influenza vaccination were examined among veteran outpatients aged 50 years and older...
- Discontinuation of diabetes and lipid-lowering medications after bariatric surgery at Veterans Affairs medical centersMatthew L Maciejewski
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 6:601-7. 2010..The purpose of the present analysis was to examine the discontinuation rate of diabetes or lipid-lowering medications and the patient factors associated with medication discontinuation among veterans undergoing bariatric surgery...
- Knowledge and use of finasteride for the prevention of prostate cancerRobert J Hamilton
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department ofSurgery, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2164-71. 2010..We examined the influence of the PCPT on finasteride prescribing within the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)...
- Demand for weight loss counseling after copayment eliminationMatthew L Maciejewski
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E49. 2013..Our objective was to examine whether copayment elimination increased use of a weight loss clinic by veterans...
- Obesity and weight control practices in 2000 among veterans using VA facilitiesAnthea Wang
Department of Social Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Obes Res 13:1405-11. 2005..To examine obesity prevalence and weight control practices among veterans who use Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical facilities (VA users)...