Karen L Schneider
Affiliation: JSI Research and Training
- Evaluation of regional HIV provider quality groups to improve care for people living with HIV served in the United StatesKaren L Schneider
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc, Boston, MA 02210, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:174-92. 2012..Regional groups can effectively promote peer-to-peer learning, develop leadership, strengthen quality management capacity, and improve quality of care for the HIV population...
- Evaluating the impact of non-response bias in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)Karen L Schneider
John Snow, Inc, 44 Farnsworth Street, Boston, Massachusetts USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:290-5. 2012..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the extent to which non-response impacts the representativeness of the 2000 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) sample compared to the 2000 Decennial Census...
- Using small-area estimation to describe county-level disparities in mammographyKaren L Schneider
Department of Community Health, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 6:A125. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the extent to which geographic disparities exist in mammography use across counties in the contiguous United States...
- Improved quality of HIV care over time among participants in a national quality improvement initiativeWendy Chow
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc, 44 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:67-80. 2012..Engagement in a QM capacity building program was associated with continuing improvement in quality of HIV and primary care...
- All black people are not alike: differences in HIV testing patterns, knowledge, and experience of stigma between U.S.-born and non-U.S.-born blacks in MassachusettsBisola Ojikutu
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:45-54. 2013..S.- and non-U.S.-born individuals. Our findings indicate that differences in HIV testing patterns exist by nativity. Efforts addressing unique factors limiting testing in non-U.S.-born black individuals are warranted...
- A mixed method study of the merits of e-prescribing drug alerts in primary careKate L Lapane
Department of Community Health, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:442-6. 2008..The objective of this paper was to describe primary care prescribers' perspectives on electronic prescribing drug alerts at the point of prescribing...
- Massachusetts' health care reform increased access to care for Hispanics, but disparities remainJames Maxwell
JSI Research and Training Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:1451-60. 2011..9 percent in 2005. We suggest ways to reduce such disparities through national health care reform, including simplified enrollment and reenrollment processes and assistance in finding a provider and navigating an unfamiliar care system...
- Correlates of suicide ideation in a population-based sample of cancer patientsKaren L Schneider
Dept of Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 26:49-62. 2008..Suicide ideation in cancer patients is not solely a manifestation of depression. Overall poor physical health influences patients' desires for hastened death...