Kurt Van Baelen
Affiliation: Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Susceptibility of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to the maturation inhibitor bevirimat is modulated by baseline polymorphisms in Gag spacer peptide 1Kurt Van Baelen
Virco BVBA, Generaal De Wittelaan L11 B3, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2185-8. 2009..We found that reduced BVM susceptibility was associated with naturally occurring polymorphisms at positions 6, 7, and 8 in Gag spacer peptide 1...
- A combined genotypic and phenotypic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 recombinant virus assay for the reverse transcriptase and integrase genesKurt Van Baelen
Virco BVBA, Generaal De Wittelaan L11 B3, Mechelen, Belgium
J Virol Methods 161:231-9. 2009..1 and 2.0 for raltegravir and elvitegravir, respectively. In summary, a genotypic and phenotypic integrase resistance assay was validated successfully for accuracy, reproducibility, analytical and clinical sensitivity, and dynamic range...
- Clade-specific HIV-1 integrase polymorphisms do not reduce raltegravir and elvitegravir phenotypic susceptibilityKurt Van Baelen
Virco BVBA, Generaal De Wittelaan L11 B4, 2800Mechelen, Belgium
AIDS 22:1877-80. 2008..91 +/- 0.40, and 0.84 +/- 0.37. Phenotypic testing proved that clade-specific integrase polymorphisms do not contribute to reduced susceptibility towards integrase inhibitors...
- Development and performance of conventional HIV-1 phenotyping (Antivirogram®) and genotype-based calculated phenotyping assay (virco®TYPE HIV-1) on protease and reverse transcriptase genes to evaluate drug resistanceTheresa Pattery
Virco BVBA, Beerse, Belgium
Intervirology 55:138-46. 2012..Resistance testing is currently recommended within the standard of care guidelines to aid the choice of new drug regimens following treatment failure(s)...
- HIV-1 coreceptor usage determination in clinical isolates using clonal and population-based genotypic and phenotypic assaysKurt Van Baelen
Virco BVBA, Generaal De Wittelaan L11 B4, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
J Virol Methods 146:61-73. 2007..Finally, population NH(2)-V4 gp120 phenotypic tropism determination appeared to be a promising tool for the detection of minority species present in the amplified envelope fragments...
- A synthetic HIV-1 subtype C backbone generates comparable PR and RT resistance profiles to a subtype B backbone in a recombinant virus assayDavid Nauwelaers
Virco BVBA, Beerse, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e19643. 2011....
- HIV-1 V3 envelope deep sequencing for clinical plasma specimens failing in phenotypic tropism assaysIna Vandenbroucke
Tibotec Virco Virology BVBA, Mechelen, Belgium
AIDS Res Ther 7:4. 2010..While good concordance was observed between gp120 phenotyping and prediction of R5-tropic virus, the results suggest that accurate prediction of X4-tropic virus would require further algorithm development...