G N Stamatas
Affiliation: Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Optical non-invasive approaches to diagnosis of skin diseasesNikiforos Kollias
Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products Co, Skillman, New Jersey, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 7:64-75. 2002..The advent of ever faster and cheaper computers and of sensitive, inexpensive optical instrumentation of minimal dimensions provides the professional with the possibility of making objective measures of a number of skin parameters...
- Infant skin microstructure assessed in vivo differs from adult skin in organization and at the cellular levelGeorgios N Stamatas
Baby Science and Technology, Johnson and Johnson Consumer France, Issy les Moulineaux, France
Pediatr Dermatol 27:125-31. 2010..We demonstrate in vivo qualitative and quantitative differences in morphology between infant and adult skin. These differences in skin microstructure may help explain some of the reported functional differences...
- In vivo documentation of cutaneous inflammation using spectral imagingGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products Company, Division of Johnson and Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc, Methods and Models Development, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:051603. 2007..We demonstrate that spectral imaging can be used to quantitatively document parameters relevant to skin inflammation. Applications may include monitoring of disease progression as well as screening for efficacy of treatments...
- Non-invasive method for quantitative evaluation of exogenous compound deposition on skinGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products Worldwide, Skillman, New Jersey, USA
J Invest Dermatol 118:295-302. 2002..We utilized the method to localize salicylic acid in epidermis and to follow its dynamics over a period of 3 d...
- In vivo measurement of skin erythema and pigmentation: new means of implementation of diffuse reflectance spectroscopy with a commercial instrumentG N Stamatas
Skin Care Research Institute, Johnson and Johnson Consumer France SAS, 92787 Issy les Moulineaux, France
Br J Dermatol 159:683-90. 2008..These reactions provide an important measure of the cutaneous response to the insult...
- Blood stasis contributions to the perception of skin pigmentationGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:315-22. 2004..Furthermore, we present that measurement of its contribution to the skin color appearance can only be accomplished with DRS...
- Lipid uptake and skin occlusion following topical application of oils on adult and infant skinGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer France SAS, 1 rue Camille Desmoulins, Issy les Moulineaux 92787, France
J Dermatol Sci 50:135-42. 2008..Only limited knowledge however is available regarding skin penetration and occlusive potential of oils and common methods for measuring skin moisturization fall short when it comes to the moisturizing effect of oils...
- Facial skin fluorescence as a marker of the skin's response to chronic environmental insults and its dependence on ageG N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products Worldwide, Skillman, NJ, USA
Br J Dermatol 154:125-32. 2006..The rate of epidermal cell proliferation is indicative of the skin's repair rate and can be monitored noninvasively in vivo using skin intrinsic fluorescence markers...
- In vivo monitoring of cutaneous edema using spectral imaging in the visible and near infraredGeorgios N Stamatas
Methods and Models Development, Johnson and Johnson CPPWW, Skillman, New Jersey, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:1753-60. 2006..We conclude that spectral imaging can be a valuable noninvasive tool in the study of edema pathology and can be used to monitor the edema reaction in vivo or follow the efficacy of treatments in a clinical setting...
- Suppression of UVB-induced cutaneous erythema by a previous UVB exposureN Kollias
Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products, 199 Grandview Road, Skillman, NJ 08558, USA
Photochem Photobiol 74:471-6. 2001..We propose that the cause may be some diffusible element of yet unknown origin...
- Early inflammatory processes in the skinG N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Santé Beauté France, 1, rue Camille Desmoulins, 92787 Issy les Moulineaux, France
Curr Mol Med 13:1250-69. 2013..In the future, assessment of subclinical inflammation may help clinicians prevent acute or chronic inflammatory conditions of the skin. ..
- Influence of facial skin attributes on the perceived age of Caucasian womenA Nkengne
INSERM, U678, Paris, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:982-91. 2008..Secondary objectives were to assess the influence of age and gender of graders with regard to the age perception...
- Non-invasive measurements of skin pigmentation in situGeorgios N Stamatas
Methods and Models Development, Johnson and Johnson Consumer Products, Skillman, NJ, USA
Pigment Cell Res 17:618-26. 2004..In this article, we describe the potentials and the limitations of the different approaches to both single point and imaging methods...
- Combined retinol-lactose-glycolic acid effects on photoaged skin: a double-blind placebo-controlled studyC Bertin
Johnson and Johnson Consumer France, 1 rue Camille Desmoulins, 92787 Issy les Moulineaux, France
Int J Cosmet Sci 30:175-82. 2008..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that topical application of a combination of retinol, lactose and glycolic acid has significantly improved the appearance of photodamaged skin...
- Skin viscoelasticity displays site- and age-dependent angular anisotropyE C Ruvolo
Methods and Models Development, CPPW, Johnson and Johnson Consumer Co, Skillman, NJ 08558, USA
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 20:313-21. 2007..Based on these results, we conclude that the proposed methodology is able to capture accurately the age-dependent changes of the mechanical properties of the skin and to demonstrate a structure-function relationship...
- Infant skin physiology and development during the first years of life: a review of recent findings based on in vivo studiesG N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer France, 1 rue Camille Desmoulins, Issy les Moulineaux, France
Int J Cosmet Sci 33:17-24. 2011..Armed with this knowledge, we are in a position not only to better understand infant dermatological conditions but also to design better skin care products respecting the distinct qualities of infant skin...
- Barrier function and water-holding and transport properties of infant stratum corneum are different from adult and continue to develop through the first year of lifeJaneta Nikolovski
Advanced Technologies, Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products Worldwide, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:1728-36. 2008..The results suggest that although the stratum corneum of infants may appear intact shortly after birth (<1 month), the way it stores and transports water becomes adult-like only after the first year of life...