Ramy A Mahmoud
Affiliation: Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Potential bias in testing for hyperprolactinemia and pituitary tumors in risperidone-treated patients: a claims-based studyFrank D Gianfrancesco
HECON Associates Inc, 9833 Whetstone Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, USA
Ann Gen Psychiatry 8:5. 2009..We assessed two potential explanations: disproportionately more prolactin assessment and head/brain imaging in risperidone-treated patients vs patients treated with other antipsychotics...
- Risperidone for treatment-refractory major depressive disorder: a randomized trialRamy A Mahmoud
Ortho McNeil Janssen Scientific Affairs, Titusville, New Jersey, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:593-602. 2007..Major depressive disorder has high prevalence, morbidity, and mortality. Inadequate results with antidepressants have prompts addition of a nonstandard treatment (augmentation therapy)...
- Psychometric evaluation of a Patient-Rated Most Troubling Symptom Scale for Depression: findings from a secondary analysis of a clinical trialGahan J Pandina
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 1125 Trenton Harbourton Road, Titusville, NJ 08560, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:51-9. 2010..In conclusion, PaRTS-D may be useful in symptom presence and severity assessments from the patient's perspective and as an adjunctive to other instruments in major depressive disorder diagnosis and response to treatment...
- Adjunctive risperidone in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a double-blind, prospective, placebo-controlled, randomized trialGahan J Pandina
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Titusville, NJ, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:41-57. 2007....
- A 1-year double-blind study of 2 doses of long-acting risperidone in stable patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorderGeorge M Simpson
Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1194-203. 2006..This study examined the effects of 2 doses of long-acting risperidone injection in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Cognitive functioning and acute sedative effects of risperidone and quetiapine in patients with stable bipolar I disorder: a randomized, double-blind, crossover studyPhilip D Harvey
Department of Psychiatry, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1186-94. 2007..The primary objective of this double-blind study was to compare the effects of treatment initiation with risperidone and quetiapine on cognitive function in subjects with stable bipolar disorder...
- Effects of risperidone augmentation in patients with treatment-resistant depression: Results of open-label treatment followed by double-blind continuationMark Hyman Rapaport
Department of Psychiatry, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2505-13. 2006..1 and 64.1%, respectively (p < or = 0.05). Open-label risperidone augmentation substantially enhanced response in treatment-resistant patients, but the longer-term benefits of augmentation were not demonstrated in this study...
- Acute treatment of psychotic agitation: a randomized comparison of oral treatment with risperidone and lorazepam versus intramuscular treatment with haloperidol and lorazepamGlenn W Currier
Departments of Psychiatry and Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, N Y 14642, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:386-94. 2004..We hypothesized that the efficacy and speed of action of both treatments would be similar...
- Antipsychotics, glycemic disorders, and life-threatening diabetic events: a Bayesian data-mining analysis of the FDA adverse event reporting system (1968-2004)William DuMouchel
Lincoln Technologies Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 20:21-31. 2008..This analysis compared diabetes-related adverse events associated with use of different antipsychotic agents. A disproportionality analysis of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) was performed...
- Differential effects of risperidone, olanzapine, clozapine, and conventional antipsychotics on type 2 diabetes: findings from a large health plan databaseFrank D Gianfrancesco
HECON Associates, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:920-30. 2002..Case series suggest that some antipsychotics may induce or exacerbate type 2 diabetes. This study measured the association of antipsychotic treatments with diabetes at a population level...