William N Hait
Affiliation: Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- Anticancer drug development: the grand challengesWilliam N Hait
Ortho Biotech Oncology Research and Development, 920 Route 202, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 9:253-4. 2010..What are the key challenges in anticancer drug development, and how might they be addressed?..
- Surviving metabolic stress: of mice (squirrels) and menWilliam N Hait
Authors Affiliations Janssen R and D, LLC, Raritan, New Jersey Department of Pharmacology, Penn State University College of Medicine and Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Cancer Discov 4:646-9. 2014..Cancer Discov; 4(6); 646-9. ©2014 AACR...
- Forty years of translational cancer researchWilliam N Hait
Janssen, The Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Cancer Discov 1:383-90. 2011....
- Targeted cancer therapeuticsWilliam N Hait
Division of Johnson and Johnson, Ortho Biotech Oncology Research and Development, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Cancer Res 69:1263-7; discussion 1267. 2009..Finally, a detailed understanding of the target's structure and function will help anticipate and identify mechanism of drug resistance and help design drugs and combinations of drugs that retain activity...
- A role for p53 in the regulation of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer in human cancer cellsHua Zhu
Department of Pharmacology and The Penn State Cancer Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1722-8. 2009..Our study suggests that the upregulation of EMMPRIN seen in many cancers can be attributed to, at least in part, the dysfunction of p53 and thus provides new evidence for the roles of p53 in tumor development and progression...
- Phosphorylation of elongation factor-2 kinase differentially regulates the enzyme's stability under stress conditionsKathryn J Huber-Keener
Department of Pharmacology and The Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:308-14. 2012..The complexity of eEF-2K phosphorylation highlights the intricacies of protein synthesis control during cellular stress...
- Therapeutic targeting of autophagy in disease: biology and pharmacologyYan Cheng
Department of Pharmacology and Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Pharmacol Rev 65:1162-97. 2013..A better understanding of the biology of autophagy and the pharmacology of autophagy modulators has the potential for facilitating the development of autophagy-based therapeutic interventions for several human diseases. ..
- AACR-FDA-NCI Cancer Biomarkers Collaborative consensus report: advancing the use of biomarkers in cancer drug developmentSamir N Khleif
National Cancer Institute, Raritan, New Jersey, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3299-318. 2010....
- Cytoprotective effect of the elongation factor-2 kinase-mediated autophagy in breast cancer cells subjected to growth factor inhibitionYan Cheng
Department of Pharmacology and The Penn State Cancer Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9715. 2010..The purpose of the current study was to determine the role of the eEF-2 kinase-regulated autophagy in the response of breast cancer cells to inhibitors of growth factor signaling...
- Silencing of elongation factor-2 kinase potentiates the effect of 2-deoxy-D-glucose against human glioma cells through blunting of autophagyHao Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Neural and Behavioral Sciences, and the Penn State Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 69:2453-60. 2009....