Affiliation: Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development
- APOE genotype: no influence on galantamine treatment efficacy nor on rate of decline in Alzheimer's diseaseJ Aerssens
Department of Pharmacogenomics, Janssen Research Foundation, Beerse, Belgium
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 12:69-77. 2001....
- Regional assignment of seven loci to 12p13.2-pter by PCR analysis of somatic cell hybrids containing the der(12) or the der(X) chromosome from a mesothelioma showing t(X;12)(q22;p13)J Aerssens
Arthritis and Metabolic Bone Disease Research Unit, Center for Human Genetics K U, Leuven, Belgium
Genomics 20:119-21. 1994..PCR analysis based on genomic sequences, with DNA from both somatic cell hybrids, enabled us to map CACNL1A1, FGF6, D12S370, D12S38OE, D12S381E, and D12S382E distally to the 12p13 breakpoint and to VWF...
- Assignment of the gene for the human proliferating cell nucleolar protein P120 (NOL1) to chromosome 12p13 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and polymerase chain reaction with somatic cell hybridsM Baens
Human Genome Laboratory, University of Leuven, Belgium
Genomics 21:296-7. 1994
- Isolation and regional assignment of human chromosome 12p cDNAsM Baens
Human Genome Analysis Laboratory, University of Leuven, Belgium
Genomics 29:44-52. 1995..Evidence was found for the duplication on 12p of a region containing a polymorphic simple sequence repeat and sequences of two different cDNAs...
- Biallelic alterations of both ETV6 and CDKN1B genes in a t(12;21) childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia caseI Wlodarska
Center for Human Genetics, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Res 56:2655-61. 1996..In addition, the putative loss of wild-type function of CDKN1B and ETV6 could indicate a synergistic effect of both genes in the pathogenesis of this leukemia case...
- Quantitative trait loci for human muscle strength: linkage analysis of myostatin pathway genesW Huygens
Research Center for Exercise and Health, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Physiol Genomics 22:390-7. 2005..An additional set of valuable candidate genes that were not part of the myostatin pathway was found in the chromosome 12 and 13 genomic regions...
- Validation of 16S rDNA sequencing in microdissected bowel biopsies from Crohn's disease patients to assess bacterial flora diversityG De Hertogh
Department of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University Hospitals KULeuven, Belgium
J Pathol 209:532-9. 2006..Further study is needed to confirm these preliminary findings...
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene are associated with muscle strength in men and womenA Windelinckx
Research Center for Exercise and Health, Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3001, Leuven, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 18:1235-42. 2007..Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms have been associated with fracture risk and muscle strength, although evidence for the latter is limited and conflicting...