Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Role of immune cells and immune-based therapies in pancreatitis and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaLei Zheng
The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Gastroenterology 144:1230-40. 2013..Unlike single therapeutic agent studies that block immunosuppressive mechanisms, studies of combination therapies that include therapeutic vaccines have provided promising results...
- Tyrosine 23 phosphorylation-dependent cell-surface localization of annexin A2 is required for invasion and metastases of pancreatic cancerLei Zheng
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e19390. 2011..Thus, ANXA2 is part of a novel molecular pathway underlying PDA metastases and a new target for development of PDA therapeutics...
- Evaluation of ipilimumab in combination with allogeneic pancreatic tumor cells transfected with a GM-CSF gene in previously treated pancreatic cancerDung T Le
The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, the Skip Viragh Center for Pancreatic Cancer, Research and Clinical Care, and the Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Immunother 36:382-9. 2013..014) and enhancement of the T-cell repertoire (P = 0.031). In conclusion, checkpoint blockade in combination with GVAX has the potential for clinical benefit and should be evaluated in a larger study...
- Phase 2 study of erlotinib combined with adjuvant chemoradiation and chemotherapy in patients with resectable pancreatic cancerJoseph M Herman
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 86:678-85. 2013..Gemcitabine-erlotinib therapy has demonstrated a survival benefit for patients with metastatic PDAC. Here we report the first phase 2 study of erlotinib in combination with adjuvant chemoradiation and chemotherapy for resected PDAC...
- Low total lymphocyte count is associated with poor survival in patients with resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma receiving a GM-CSF secreting pancreatic tumor vaccineAaron J Schueneman
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:S725-30. 2013..Although immune-based therapies are under rapid development, it is not known whether baseline complete blood counts, particularly lymphocytes, are associated with the clinical outcomes of patients receiving immunotherapies...
- Effects of genomic changes in hepatitis B virus on postoperative recurrence and survival in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaPriya Mathews
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1216-22. 2013..To determine whether the genomic changes in hepatitis B virus (HBV) affect the clinical outcomes of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with HBV-associated HCC treated with curative surgical resection...
- Multidisciplinary management of pancreatic cancerRachit Kumar
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 22:265-87. 2013..In this review, the importance of multidisciplinary management of pancreatic cancer based on disease stage is discussed...
- Young patients undergoing resection of pancreatic cancer fare better than their older counterpartsJin He
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Osler 624, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 17:339-44. 2013..We investigated features of PDAC occurring in young patients (≤45 years) who underwent surgical resection in order to determine if any difference exists in comparison to elderly patients (≥70 years)...
- A multicenter analysis of GTX chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced and metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinomaAna De Jesus-Acosta
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 1650 Orleans Street, CRB I, Room 590, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 69:415-24. 2012..We were interested in determining the clinical benefit of another three-drug regimen of gemcitabine, docetaxel and capecitabine (GTX) in patients with advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma...