Hunter J Young
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Comparing self-reported ethnicity to genetic background measures in the context of the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Jasmin Divers
Department of Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
BMC Genet 12:28. 2011..We compare the agreement between SRE and genetic based measures of ancestry (GBMA), and conduct simulation studies based on observed MESA data to evaluate the performance of each measure under various conditions...
- Blood pressure and decline in kidney function: findings from the Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP)J Hunter Young
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:2776-82. 2002..Therefore, systolic BP is a strong, independent predictor of a decline in kidney function among older persons with isolated systolic hypertension...
- The coming epidemic: hypertension in rural Kyrgyzstan, Central AsiaJ H Young
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore MD 21205, USA
J Hum Hypertens 19:145-8. 2005..In addition, the rise in blood pressure with age was striking, surpassing the experience in Western countries. This epidemic of hypertension may herald a coming epidemic of cardiovascular disease in Central Asia...
- Differential susceptibility to hypertension is due to selection during the out-of-Africa expansionJ Hunter Young
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 1:e82. 2005..This differential susceptibility is likely due to our history of adaptation to climate...
- Evolution of blood pressure regulation in humansJ Hunter Young
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2024 Monument Street, Room 2 625, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 9:13-8. 2007..Worldwide populations may differ in susceptibility to the new exposures, however, such that those from hot, arid environments are more susceptible to hypertension than populations from cold environments...
- Longitudinal study of markers of oxidative capacity and type 2 diabetesJEFFERY HUNTER YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. communities. If successful, this work could lead to new ways to assess risk for diabetes and its complications in the clinic and to novel approaches for diabetes prevention and treatment. ..
- HYPERTENSION AMONG AFRICAN-AMERICANSJEFFERY YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will build a foundation for a successful career as an independent investigator. ..