Michael A Yassa
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Functional MRI of the amygdala and bed nucleus of the stria terminalis during conditions of uncertainty in generalized anxiety disorderMichael A Yassa
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218 2686, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:1045-52. 2012..Future studies are needed to investigate the temporal dynamics of activation and deactivation in these regions...
- Age-related memory deficits linked to circuit-specific disruptions in the hippocampusMichael A Yassa
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8873-8. 2011..These results highlight structural and functional alterations in the hippocampal network that predict age-related changes in memory function and present potential targets for intervention...
- Searching for novel biomarkers using high resolution diffusion tensor imagingMichael A Yassa
Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218 2686, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 26:297-305. 2011..Although these methods are still in their infancy and many challenges have to be overcome before they can be used in a clinical fashion, results so far have been promising. Challenges and future directions are discussed in detail...
- Pattern separation in the hippocampusMichael A Yassa
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Trends Neurosci 34:515-25. 2011..We discuss the impact of aging and adult neurogenesis on pattern separation, and also highlight several challenges to linking across species and approaches, and suggest future directions for investigation...
- Effect of handedness on fMRI activation in the medial temporal lobe during an auditory verbal memory taskJennifer L Cuzzocreo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1271-8. 2009..This provides evidence of functional differences between left-handers and right-handers, which extends to declarative memory processes...
- Familial risk for Alzheimer's disease alters fMRI activation patternsSusan Spear Bassett
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Brain 129:1229-39. 2006....
- Reduction of hippocampal hyperactivity improves cognition in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentArnold Bakker
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Neuron 74:467-74. 2012....
- Gray matter in amnestic mild cognitive impairment: voxel-based morphometryDavid Bonekamp
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Neuroreport 21:259-63. 2010..Voxel-based morphometry provides an operator-unbiased means to investigate volumetric differences, which may be related to impaired neuropsychological functioning...
- Altered fMRI activation during mental rotation in those at genetic risk for Alzheimer diseaseMichael A Yassa
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Phipps 300, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurology 70:1898-904. 2008..This study was undertaken to examine differential functional MRI patterns in those at genetic risk for Alzheimer disease (AD), specifically investigating parietal lobe activation, a brain region with changes noted in the early stages of AD...
- Brain activation in offspring of AD cases corresponds to 10q linkageSusan Spear Bassett
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ann Neurol 58:142-6. 2005..These results suggest the possibility that activation patterns may prove useful as a preclinical quantitative trait related to the putative familial late-onset AD gene in this chromosome 10 region...