Sallie J Weaver
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Promoting a culture of safety as a patient safety strategy: a systematic reviewSallie J Weaver
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Intern Med 158:369-74. 2013..Strength of evidence was low, and most studies were pre-post evaluations of low to moderate quality. Within these limits, evidence suggests that interventions can improve perceptions of safety culture and potentially reduce patient harm...
- Reducing cognitive skill decay and diagnostic error: theory-based practices for continuing education in health careSallie J Weaver
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 32:269-78. 2012....
- Rapid-response systems as a patient safety strategy: a systematic reviewBradford D Winters
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ann Intern Med 158:417-25. 2013..Eighteen studies examining facilitators of and barriers to implementation suggested that the rate of use of RRSs could be improved...
- Team-training in healthcare: a narrative synthesis of the literatureSallie J Weaver
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 23:359-72. 2014..Consequently, evidence regarding the effectiveness for these interventions has also grown rapidly. We provide an updated review concerning the current state of team-training science and practice in acute care settings...
- Cognitive and system factors contributing to diagnostic errors in radiologyCindy S Lee
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 22 S Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 201:611-7. 2013..In this article, we describe some of the cognitive and system-based sources of detection and interpretation errors in diagnostic radiology and discuss potential approaches to help reduce misdiagnoses...