Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Signal transduction of phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA)-induced growth inhibition of human monocytic leukemia THP-1 cells is reactive oxygen dependentKassim Traore
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Leuk Res 29:863-79. 2005..Additionally, our study demonstrates that PMA-induces the upregulation of p21 through a protein kinase C (PKC)-mediated ROS-dependent signaling mechanism involving MAP kinase activation...
- Role of ROS and MAPK in TPA-induced ICAM-1 expression in the myeloid ML-1 cell lineKassim Traore
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Cell Biochem 100:1010-21. 2007..Together, these observations demonstrated that TPA, a potent activator of PKC, induces ICAM-1 expression via a ROS- and ERK1/2-dependent signaling mechanism in ML-1 cells...
- Redox-regulation of Erk1/2-directed phosphatase by reactive oxygen species: role in signaling TPA-induced growth arrest in ML-1 cellsKassim Traore
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:276-85. 2008..Together, this study suggested that TPA stimulated ROS generation as a second messenger to activate Erk1/2 via a redox-mediated inhibition of Erk1/2-directed phosphatase in ML-1 cells...
- Preclinical evaluation of targeting the Nrf2 pathway by triterpenoids (CDDO-Im and CDDO-Me) for protection from LPS-induced inflammatory response and reactive oxygen species in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and neutrophilsRajesh K Thimmulappa
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:1963-70. 2007....
- Nrf2-dependent protection from LPS induced inflammatory response and mortality by CDDO-ImidazolideRajesh K Thimmulappa
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:883-9. 2006..Activation of Nrf2-dependent compensatory antioxidative pathways by CDDO-Im protects from LPS induced inflammatory response and mortality...
- Effects of ethanol and acetaldehyde on reactive oxygen species production in rat hepatic stellate cellsGennadiy Novitskiy
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2195, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1429-35. 2006..In this study, the acute effects of ethanol (ET) and acetaldehyde (AC) were determined on the production of ROS in isolated rat hepatic stellate cells...