Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Using multiple measures for quantitative trait association analyses: application to estimated glomerular filtration rateAdrienne Tin
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Hum Genet 58:461-6. 2013..However, careful attention must be paid to the correlation of systematic errors and inconsistent associations when different biomarkers or methods are used to measure the quantitative trait. ..
- Genome-wide significant locus of beta-trace protein, a novel kidney function biomarker, identified in European and African AmericansAdrienne Tin
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:1497-504. 2013..Beta-trace protein (BTP), measured in serum or plasma, has potential as a novel biomarker for kidney function. Little is known about the genes influencing BTP levels...
- Genome-wide association study identified the human leukocyte antigen region as a novel locus for plasma beta-2 microglobulinAdrienne Tin
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Genet 132:619-27. 2013..The identification of the two novel loci for B2M extends our understanding of its metabolism and informs its use as a kidney filtration biomarker...
- Association of estimated glomerular filtration rate and urinary uromodulin concentrations with rare variants identified by UMOD gene region sequencingAnna Kottgen
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38311. 2012..To identify novel rare variants as well as common variants that may account for this GWAS signal, the exons and 4 kb upstream region of UMOD were sequenced...
- Genome-wide association study for serum urate concentrations and gout among African Americans identifies genomic risk loci and a novel URAT1 loss-of-function alleleAdrienne Tin
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:4056-68. 2011..Our data support the importance of multi-ethnic GWAS in the identification of novel risk loci as well as functional variants...
- Estimating Time to ESRD Using Kidney Failure Risk Equations: Results From the African American Study of Kidney Disease and Hypertension (AASK)Morgan E Grams
Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 65:394-402. 2015..The use of risk equations might enable more accurate estimation of time to end-stage renal disease (ESRD), thus improving patient care...
- Copy number polymorphisms near SLC2A9 are associated with serum uric acid concentrationsRobert B Scharpf
550 N, Broadway, Suite 1101, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
BMC Genet 15:81. 2014..Whether copy number polymorphisms (CNPs) contribute to uric acid levels is unknown...
- Both Rare and Common Variants in PCSK9 Influence Plasma Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Level in American IndiansChing Wei Tsai
Departments of Epidemiology C W T, A T, T H B, A N A, W H L K and Environmental Health Sciences A N A, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland Department of Epidemiology K E N, N F, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina Department of Genetics K H, S L, J W M, Texas Biomedical Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas Department of Nutrition and University of North Carolina Nutrition Research Institute V S V, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kannapolis, North Carolina Center for American Indian Health Research Y Z, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Missouri Breaks Industries Research, Inc L G B, Timber Lake, South Dakota The Welch Center for Prevention A N A, W H L K, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland MedStar Health Research Institute B V H, Hyattsville, Maryland Georgetown and Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science B V H, Washington, D C Kidney Institute and Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine C W T, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:E345-9. 2015..Little is known about the genetic architecture of PCSK9 and its influence on LDL-C in American Indians...