John R Ticehurst
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Effective detection of toxigenic Clostridium difficile by a two-step algorithm including tests for antigen and cytotoxinJohn R Ticehurst
Division of Medical Microbiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital Meyer B1 193, 600 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7093, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:1145-9. 2006..Over 6 months, our laboratories' expenses were US dollar 143,000 less than if CCNA alone had been performed on all 5,887 specimens...
- Factors affecting serum concentrations of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in HCV genotype 1-infected patients with chronic hepatitisJohn R Ticehurst
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Clinical Laboratories and Johns Hopkins Hospital Division of Medical Microbiology, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2426-33. 2007..6% of the [HCV RNA](BL) differences between individuals (R(2) = 0.046 for 1,304 patients with HAI scores; 0.043 for all 2,472 patients)...
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) core antigen assay to detect ongoing HCV infection in thai injection drug usersDale M Netski
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland
J Clin Microbiol 42:1631-6. 2004..Reproducibility, low technical requirements, and high throughput should make this assay useful for clinical or research monitoring of HCV levels during active infection...
- Severe community-onset pneumonia in healthy adults caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the Panton-Valentine leukocidin genesJohn S Francis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:100-7. 2005..During a 2-month period in the winter of 2003-2004, four healthy adults presented to 1 of 2 Baltimore hospitals with severe necrotizing MRSA pneumonia in the absence of typical risk factors for MRSA infection...
- Outbreak management and implications of a nosocomial norovirus outbreakCecilia P Johnston
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:534-40. 2007..We describe a norovirus outbreak and its control in a tertiary care hospital during February-May 2004...
- Accurate representation of the hepatitis C virus quasispecies in 5.2-kilobase ampliconsZhi Liu
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:4223-9. 2004..Therefore, the HCV quasispecies is highly complex even during acute infection and is accurately represented in amplicons representing more than half of the viral genome...
- Epidemiology and risk factors of incident hepatitis E virus infections in rural BangladeshAlain B Labrique
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:952-61. 2010..This is the first study to document annual HEV infection rates among "healthy" and very young to elderly subjects in a rural Bangladeshi population...