David J Sullivan
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Niu H, Cui P, Shi W, Zhang S, Feng J, Wang Y, et al. Identification of Anti-Persister Activity against Uropathogenic Escherichia coli from a Clinical Drug Library. Antibiotics (Basel). 2015;4:179-87 pubmed publisher..coli persisters in 3 days in vitro while the current UTI antibiotics failed to do so. Our findings may have implications for the development of a more effective treatment for UTIs. ..
- Niu H, Cui P, Yee R, Shi W, Zhang S, Feng J, et al. A Clinical Drug Library Screen Identifies Tosufloxacin as Being Highly Active against Staphylococcus aureus Persisters. Antibiotics (Basel). 2015;4:329-36 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate tosufloxacin in animal models and to explain its unique activity against bacterial persisters. Our findings may have implications for improved treatment of persistent bacterial infections. ..
- Feng J, Weitner M, Shi W, Zhang S, Sullivan D, Zhang Y. Identification of Additional Anti-Persister Activity against Borrelia burgdorferi from an FDA Drug Library. Antibiotics (Basel). 2015;4:397-410 pubmed publisher..These studies may have implications for developing more effective treatments of Lyme disease. ..
- Walker L, Sullivan D. Impact of Extended Duration of Artesunate Treatment on Parasitological Outcome in a Cytocidal Murine Malaria Model. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..In summary, cytocidal activity of the artemisinin compounds, such as artesunate, can be improved solely by altering the dosing duration. ..
- Pisciotta J, Scholl P, Shuman J, Shualev V, Sullivan D. Quantitative characterization of hemozoin in Plasmodium berghei and vivax. Int J Parasitol Drugs Drug Resist. 2017;7:110-119 pubmed publisher..These results suggest CR P. berghei forms significant hemozoin which accumulates in liver and spleen tissues and that the P. vivax chloroquine resistance mechanism differs from P. berghei. ..
- Niu H, Yee R, Cui P, Tian L, Zhang S, Shi W, et al. Identification of Agents Active against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA300 from a Clinical Compound Library. Pathogens. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We ranked these new drug candidates according to their MICs against the MRSA strain USA300. Our findings may have implications for more effective treatment of MRSA infections. ..