Om V Singh
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Biotechnological production of gluconic acid: future implicationsOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, CMSC, 3 106, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 75:713-22. 2007..8%, and banana must may assist reducing the overall cost of GA production. These methodologies would open new markets and increase applications of GA...
- Genetically modified crops: success, safety assessment, and public concernOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The John Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:598-607. 2006..We feel that it is important to establish an internationally harmonized framework for the safe handling of recombinant DNA organisms within a few years...
- Proteomics and metabolomics: the molecular make-up of toxic aromatic pollutant bioremediationOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Proteomics 6:5481-92. 2006..This article deals with advances in environmental proteomics and metabolomics and advocates the simultaneous study of both technologies to implement cell-free bioremediation...
- Transcriptomics, proteomics and interactomics: unique approaches to track the insights of bioremediationOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Brief Funct Genomic Proteomic 4:355-62. 2006..Exploring the differential expression of a wide variety of proteins and screening of the entire genome for proteins that interact with particular mineralization regulatory factors would help us to gain insights into bioremediation...
- Applications of proteomic technologies for understanding the premature proteolysis of CFTRMark J Henderson
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Expert Rev Proteomics 7:473-86. 2010..Additionally, we emphasize the potential for proteomic-based technologies in expanding our understanding of CF pathophysiology and therapeutic approaches...
- Proteome of synaptosome-associated proteins in spinal cord dorsal horn after peripheral nerve injuryOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proteomics 9:1241-53. 2009..These changes might participate in the central mechanism that underlies the maintenance of neuropathic pain...
- High-dimensional biology to comprehend hepatocellular carcinomaPerumal Vivekanandan
Department of Pathology, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Expert Rev Proteomics 5:45-60. 2008..With the extensive use of HDB, it may be possible in the near future, to have custom-made therapeutic regimens for HCC based on the molecular subtype, ultimately leading to an improved survival of HCC patients...
- Chemical rescue of deltaF508-CFTR mimics genetic repair in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cellsOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1099-110. 2008..We conclude that chemically rescued CFTR associates with a specific set of HSP70 family proteins that mark therapeutic interactions and can be useful to correct both ion transport and inflammatory phenotypes in CF subjects...
- Pharmacoproteomics of 4-phenylbutyrate-treated IB3-1 cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cellsOm V Singh
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21209, USA
J Proteome Res 5:562-71. 2006..Subsets of these proteins were confirmed by immunoblot analysis. These data represent a first-draft of the pharmacoproteomics map of 4-PBA treated cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cells...
- Bioconversion of lignocellulosic biomass: biochemical and molecular perspectivesRaj Kumar
Radiation Biotechnology Unit, Division of Radiation Biology and Radiation Protection, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi, 110054 India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:377-91. 2008....
- Bioremediation of radionuclides: emerging technologiesRaj Kumar
Division of Radiation Biology and Radiation Protection, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi 100 054, India
OMICS 11:295-304. 2007..transcriptomics and proteomics. Studies combining functional transcriptomics and proteomics would create a system-wide approach studying the microbial metabolism in radionuclides detoxification...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: environmental pollution and bioremediationSudip K Samanta
Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector-39A, 160036, Chandigarh, India
Trends Biotechnol 20:243-8. 2002..Chemotaxis could also have an important role in enhancing biodegradation of pollutants. Here, we discuss the problems of PAH pollution and PAH degradation, and relevant bioremediation efforts...