Crystal F Simpson
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Agreement between self-report of disease diagnoses and medical record validation in disabled older women: factors that modify agreementCrystal F Simpson
Center on Aging and Health Division of Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:123-7. 2004..To determine the agreement between self-report of chronic disease and validated evidence of disease using multiple ascertainment methods and to assess effects of cognition, education, age, and comorbidity...
- Relationship between lung function and physical performance in disabled older womenCrystal F Simpson
MHS, Center on Aging and Health and Division of Geriatric Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicne, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 60:350-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the association of lung function with objective and self-reported physical performance in community-dwelling disabled older women...
- The Johns Hopkins Geriatric Summer Scholars Program: a model to increase diversity in geriatric medicineCrystal F Simpson
Johns Hopkins Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1607-12. 2005..This article describes the outcomes of the first 3 years of the program, with an emphasis on curriculum development and the recruitment and retention of underrepresented minority medical students...
- Frailty, hospitalization, and progression of disability in a cohort of disabled older womenCynthia M Boyd
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Center on Aging and Health, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Med 118:1225-31. 2005..To determine the association between a previously validated frailty phenotype and the development of new-onset dependence in activities of daily living, independent of hospitalizations and other established predictors of disability...
- Can older adult volunteers serve effectively to improve asthma management for children? Experience Corps BaltimoreDeepthi M Reddy
Center on Aging and Health, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Asthma 44:177-81. 2007..001). The increase in lower student scores was significant (p = 0.050). Results suggest that older adults can learn and retain asthma information and schoolchildren can learn asthma-related information taught by older adults...