Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Blood banking in ChinaHua Shan
Division of Blood Transfusion, HIV Specialty Testing Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Lancet 360:1770-5. 2002..Gaps in information and technology still need to be closed. Insufficiency of economic resources also restrict the blood bank industry. Other developing countries face many of the same challenges as China...
- HIV-1 plasma RNA level and CD4 cell count in a large urban HIV-1-infected patient population from 1997 to 2000Hua Shan
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Pathology 311C, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Int J STD AIDS 14:740-4. 2003..Most patients with plasma HIV-1 RNA level >400 copies/mL in 1997 still have plasma HIV-1 RNA level >400 copies/mL in 2000. These laboratory findings, however, do not necessarily mean that there had been a lack of clinical benefit...
- A multi-Chinese blood center study testing serologic-negative donor samples for hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus with nucleic acid testingHua Shan
Division of Blood Transfusion, HIV Specialty Testing Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Transfusion 47:2011-6. 2007....
- Demographics of apheresis platelet donors in five blood centers in ChinaNan Guo
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Transfusion 52:560-6. 2012....
- Demographic characteristics and risks for transfusion-transmissible infection among blood donors in Xinjiang autonomous region, People's Republic of ChinaNickolas Zaller
Departments of Epidemiology and International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Transfusion 46:265-71. 2006....
- Analysis of Chinese donors' return behaviorNan Guo
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Transfusion 51:523-30. 2011..It is important to understand donor return behavior. Converting first-time donors to become repeat donors is essential for maintaining an adequate blood supply...
- Confirmatory testing of hepatitis C virus-positive enzyme immunoassay results in limited-resource countries: should it be attempted?Kenrad E Nelson
Bloomberg School of Public Health and School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Transfusion 48:1239-44. 2008
- Influences of general and traditional Chinese beliefs on the decision to donate blood among employer-organized and volunteer donors in Beijing, ChinaGeoffrey H Tison
Department of Pathology and the Department of Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Transfusion 47:1871-9. 2007..Evaluating the beliefs and attitudes of employer-organized and volunteer donors is critical to maintain an adequate blood supply after this transition...
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide is a useful diagnostic marker for transfusion-associated circulatory overloadAaron A R Tobian
Transfusion Medicine Division and Clinical Chemistry Division, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Transfusion 48:1143-50. 2008..In this study, whether NT-proBNP is a useful diagnostic marker for TACO was evaluated...
- Significance of the signal-to-cutoff ratios of anti-hepatitis C virus enzyme immunoassays in screening of Chinese blood donorsFu-Rong Ren
Department of Microbiology, Peking University Health Science Center [corrected] Beijing Red Cross Blood Center, Beijing, China
Transfusion 45:1816-22. 2005..8 determined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is applicable to Chinese blood donors. The Chinese domestic EIA kits evaluated show a diverse range of threshold S/CO ratios...
- Viral attacks on the blood supply: the impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome in BeijingHua Shan
Transfusion 44:467-9. 2004
- HIV incidence, retention rate, and baseline predictors of HIV incidence and retention in a prospective cohort study of injection drug users in Xinjiang, ChinaYuanzhi Zhang
Xinjiang Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Urumqi, China
Int J Infect Dis 11:318-23. 2007..To determine HIV seroincidence, study participant retention rate, and baseline predictors of HIV incidence and study retention among high-risk injection drug users (IDUs) in Xinjiang, China...
- Risk factors for hepatitis C virus infection among blood donors in Beijing and implications for improving the pretesting donor screening processYan Qiu
Beijing Red Cross Blood Center, Beijing, China
Transfusion 48:1207-12. 2008..The objective was to determine risk factors of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in blood donors in Beijing...
- [Correlation between signal/cutoff ratios of anti-HCV enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and their true positivity in blood donors]Fu-Rong Ren
Beijing Red Cross Blood Center, Beijing 100088, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 13:255-8. 2005..S/CO ratios of Ortho, BGI-GBI, GWK, SABC, KHB, InTec and Wantai predicting > or = 95% true positivity are > or = 3.8, > or = 7.0, > or = 10.0, > or = 6.0, > or = 1 0.0, > or = 8.6 and > or = 14.0, respectively...
- Demographic characteristics and risk behaviors associated with HIV positive injecting drug users in Xinjiang, ChinaYuanzhi Zhang
Xinjiang Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 48 Beijing South Road, Urumqi 830011, China
J Infect 54:285-90. 2007....