Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Comparative effectiveness studies to improve clinical outcomes in end stage renal disease: the DEcIDE patient outcomes in end stage renal disease studyL Ebony Boulware
Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2024 E, Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:167. 2012..Evidence is lacking to inform providers' and patients' decisions about many common treatment strategies for patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Serum fructosamine and glycated albumin and risk of mortality and clinical outcomes in hemodialysis patientsTariq Shafi
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes Care 36:1522-33. 2013..However, their relationship with long-term outcomes in dialysis patients is not well described...
- Serum β-trace protein and risk of mortality in incident hemodialysis patientsTariq Shafi
Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 301 Mason Lord Drive, Suite 2500, Baltimore, MD 21224 2780, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1435-45. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine the association of serum β-trace protein with mortality in incident hemodialysis patients...
- Comparing the association of GFR estimated by the CKD-EPI and MDRD study equations and mortality: the third national health and nutrition examination survey (NHANES III)Tariq Shafi
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:42. 2012....
- Changes in serum potassium mediate thiazide-induced diabetesTariq Shafi
Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224 2780, USA
Hypertension 52:1022-9. 2008..Potassium supplementation might prevent thiazide-induced diabetes. This hypothesis can and should be tested in a randomized trial...
- Ritonavir-induced acute kidney injury: kidney biopsy findings and review of literatureT Shafi
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224 2780, USA
Clin Nephrol 75:60-4. 2011..This is the first report of a kidney biopsy and pathology in acute kidney injury associated with ritonavir. A review of published medical literature on the topic is also presented...
- Serum and dietary potassium and risk of incident type 2 diabetes mellitus: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) studyRanee Chatterjee
Departments of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1745-51. 2010..We hypothesized that adults with lower serum potassium levels and lower dietary potassium intake are at higher risk for incident diabetes mellitus (DM), independent of diuretic use...